Melatonin Dosage

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Melatonin Dosage

Post by zonker » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:04 pm

Julie wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:02 pm
They're almost 100 yrs old and still work perfectly!
old tools are the best tools.

also, i hope *I* work perfectly when i'm 100 yrs old!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:08 pm

I'll settle for getting there, perfect is highly unlikely :lol:

VVV

Post by VVV » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:29 pm

Julie wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:02 pm
I have a special pill cutter - not one you'd find at the Rx... A friend went out of the jewellery (mgf) bus. long, long ago and I ended up with 2 little (4" long) tools - one's like scissors with 2" long pointy ends - great for unblocking the salt sellar - and the other's got 1/2" sharp opposing cutters on the end. They're almost 100 yrs old and still work perfectly!
Is it like this? --- https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-Scissors-S ... ef=sr_1_24
.....................................V

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:36 pm

VVV wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:18 pm
RogerSC wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:11 pm
Been taking 0.3mg (300mcg) melatonin dose at night before bed for years now. Seems to help me to get to sleep, and makes it easier for me to go back to sleep. I did a lot of reading about it on the internet before starting to use it, and most suggested starting with .3mg and going up from there if you needed to. Also mentioned that there were some thoughts that if you took too large of a dose, you would stop your body from producing its own melatonin. On the other hand, they said that your body's production of melatonin starts to decline around age 65. So a lot of thoughts and theories *smile*, but works for me.
Thank you! This has been very helpful. I ordered as soon as you posted this and have been using it for five nights. I found it on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-M ... r_1_2_sspa
remstarcpap wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:19 am
I do the same, but even less, 150 micrograms. I cut in half a 6-hour extended-release tablet for Life Extension (sold on Amazon).
Yes! I've been using LE melatonin - the same dosage as you. One-half of a 300 mcg pill.

How do you get these cut? The pills are very hard and difficult to cut. They crumble for me. I've been keeping the crumbles separated and taking one set each of two successive nights. This works, but it's not elegant. The pills are so hard they seem to have warped the tough blade in my pill cutter. Tonight, I will try with a heavy duty Kobalt box cutter.
I just use a fairly sharp pillcutter, and then don't worry if some pills crumble. Mostly it works.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:53 pm

VVV - no it isn't, the two grip handles form a sort of circle with no bottom (you grip each out-curving handle) and the little top part has two very sharp little edges facing each other, only leaving room for pill size cuttables between them. There are no springs or anything so fancy, and remember it never started out as a pill cutter.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:10 am

Julie wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:53 pm
VVV - no it isn't, the two grip handles form a sort of circle with no bottom (you grip each out-curving handle) and the little top part has two very sharp little edges facing each other, only leaving room for pill size cuttables between them. There are no springs or anything so fancy, and remember it never started out as a pill cutter.
I believe you are using a heavy-duty toenail clipper. Whatever works!

https://swissklip.com/product/swissklip ... l-clipper/

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:46 am

End cutters look like a perfect fit, but diagonal flush cutters work pretty well.
Most "pill cutters" I have gotten lately are just plain junk.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:50 pm

I'm talking about very small tools, no rubber handles, no springs, very simple design used for costume jewellery c. 1950/60 ish... if I had a cellphone I'd post pix. And Granny, you're way off base.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Oh, Julie, it's OK if you cut pills with your toenail clippers. No reason to be embarrassed.

(You might want to start cleaning the clippers between uses.)