aerophagia

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goldfinch

aerophagia

Post by goldfinch » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:07 pm

I have used an APAP for close to 10 years. Haven't visited here in quite a while. Since I first visited I've changed my machine to an airsense 10 and mask to one of those resmed foam masks. Fit is good. Leak is nominal. I am a mouth breather. I have always had bouts of aerophagia. Chin straps don't help. Tape ends up off my face. I also have GERD which doesn't help.

EDIT: more info: pressure range 7 to 20, averaging between 13 and 14. EPR at 3 Leak anywhere between 1 and 5L/min. AHI 1.8 for month 1.4 for year.

As I have aged my pressures have increased. Now I am having serious aerophagia issues. Any suggestions?

jimbud

Re: aerophagia

Post by jimbud » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:49 pm

goldfinch wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:07 pm
I have used an APAP for close to 10 years. Haven't visited here in quite a while. Since I first visited I've changed my machine to an airsense 10 and mask to one of those resmed foam masks. Fit is good. Leak is nominal. I am a mouth breather. I have always had bouts of aerophagia. Chin straps don't help. Tape ends up off my face. I also have GERD which doesn't help.

EDIT: more info: pressure range 7 to 20, averaging between 13 and 14. EPR at 3 Leak anywhere between 1 and 5L/min. AHI 1.8 for month 1.4 for year.

As I have aged my pressures have increased. Now I am having serious aerophagia issues. Any suggestions?
Only thing I can come up with is to put a lid on your max. pressure and accept a little higher AHI.
Bring max. down to the point that aerophagia is tolerable and see if AHI is still acceptable.
If not, start inching pressure up until it is. (2cm at a time till you reach an tolerable compromise)

Maybe someone else has a better idea?
This post will bump you back to the top. :)

JPB

goldfinch

Re: aerophagia

Post by goldfinch » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Thank you for the good suggestion.