My First 30 Days On CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reefguy

My First 30 Days On CPAP

Post by reefguy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:30 pm

First off thanks to all the members here is this board has been an invaluable resource. I was first diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago, long story short, I gave up in 3 days, having a good sleep therapist is important as I have learned, im 5"11 and weigh 195lb, broken nose, deviated septum, snored like a freight train, 35 days ago I was prescribed and AirSense Auto for her, love the machine, other option was the DreamStation. for first 25 days I have used the Resmed P30I, but twice per night I was leaking severely and had to re adjust, too tight, too loose, tried every size of Nasal pillow, and thought it was just something I had to live with.
enter the Dreamware, 4 days and fits like a glove, perfect seal and feels 100% much better, I learned what works for one person does not for another, im averaging 8 hours with the mask on, toss and turn, no problem. ( I still averaged 7.5 to 8 hours per night, AHI of 1.4 average which I suspect is due to leaks.
my first 2 weeks I felt no better, wired if that's the word, I wondered if it was worth it, well it is, I fell much better, not drowsy at my computer and Nap at 3 pm because im tired after 9 hours of broken sleep.
I guess im lucky? I see many people take months to adjust, or just give up all together.
Thanks Everyone.
:D