Toshiba FlashAir Configuration

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
southerndoc

Toshiba FlashAir Configuration

Post by southerndoc » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:51 am

After changing my WiFi into separate networks for IoT devices, I had trouble reconfiguring the Toshiba FlashAir card to work again. Through some trial and error I was able to figure it out plus some additional settings. I'm posting my below configuration for anyone who wants to configure this for wireless transmission using FlashPap.

I know there are some threads that have configuration information in them, but they take a little bit of searching to find within the threads.

The CONFIG file is located in the SD_WLAN directory and you must turn on ability to view hidden files before you can see it. I couldn't edit the file with my Mac because TextEdit wouldn't put the proper end carriage/line returns. I had to use Windows Notepad to configure it. There may be other options, but it was easier for me to use my Windows 10 machine.

This may or may not work on the W-04 cards. I'm using a W-03 card.

Code: Select all

[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.25
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.1.1
Preferred_DNS_Server=192.168.1.1
Alternate_DNS_Server=1.1.1.1

[Vendor]

UPLOAD=1
UPDIR=/
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.02
CID=
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
WEBDAV=1
LOCK=1
MASTERCODE=
APPSSID=
APPNETWORKKEY=
APPMODE=5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
LOCK=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
APPNAME=RESMED
TIMEZONE=-20
STA_RETRY_CT=0
WLANAPMODE=0x82

CID code should be left with whatever is already in your config file. Mastercode is whatever 12-character password you want (MUST be 12 characters), APPSSID is your WiFi network name (case sensitive), APPNETWORKKEY is your SSID password (case sensitive).

APPMODE=5 will place it in station mode to be a client off your WiFi access point.

APPAUTOTIME=0 will set the station timeout time to 0 (indefinite).

NOISE_CANCEL=2 will turn on noise cancellation (recommended).

APPNAME=RESMED can be changed to whatever you want without spaces.

TIMEZONE=-20 can be changed to your time zone. It's in 15 minute increments. So I'm in EST. I'm 5 hours behind UTC (UTC-5), so to get the number needed for time zone multiple by 4 (4 15 min increments in an hour). Therefore, mine is -20.

STA_RETRY_CT=0 will allow an unlimited number of retry attempts (won't time out).

WLANAPMODE=0x82 will change the default 802.3bg to 802.3ng and will allow 802.3n connections. Seems to have sped up my downloads quite a bit.

Obviously input your own static IP address outside your router's DHCP range instead of my 192.168.1.25.

The config file must be uploaded as CONFIG (not CONFIG.TXT).