Time For A New Machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CaptainRaven40

Time For A New Machine

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Hello all. It turns out it is time for a new machine for me. Insurance is going to cover a lot of it. I am just trying to figure out what I want. I currently have an Airsence 10 Autoset. So I know that machine pretty well. Anyone want to make any other suggestions and why? Thank you all so much! It has been a long time since I have posted. Hope everyone is staying well and sleeping well!

Okie bipap

Re: Time For A New Machine

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Stay the ResMed autoset or go to the ResMed autoset for her.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

rcobourn

Post by rcobourn » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:48 pm

If your machine is still working fine, and if (under normal circumstances) you travel frequently, consider getting the Airsense Mini. It has the same algorithm as the Airsense 10, so you can use the same settings. It can stand in for your main machine if it needs repair, and of course, it's highly portable.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:05 pm

rcobourn wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:48 pm
If your machine is still working fine, and if (under normal circumstances) you travel frequently, consider getting the Airsense Mini. It has the same algorithm as the Airsense 10, so you can use the same settings. It can stand in for your main machine if it needs repair, and of course, it's highly portable.
Insurance may not pay for the AirMini and if someone needs much humidity....it's not going to offer enough added moisture.
I think that is the reason insurance doesn't pay for some of these travel machines. The prescriptions often say "heated humidity" and most of the travel machines don't offer "heated humidity". The AirMini for sure doesn't.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:08 pm

My vote....stick with the AirSense 10 AutoSet or the for Her AutoSet (same as the regular AutoSet except it has a 3rd separate mode of operation that may or many not be of use to you but it's there).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:05 pm

CaptainRaven40 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm
Hello all. It turns out it is time for a new machine for me. Insurance is going to cover a lot of it. I am just trying to figure out what I want. I currently have an Airsence 10 Autoset. So I know that machine pretty well. Anyone want to make any other suggestions and why? Thank you all so much! It has been a long time since I have posted. Hope everyone is staying well and sleeping well!
gotta agree with okie and pugsy.

dance with the one what brung ya.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:49 pm

rcobourn wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:48 pm
If your machine is still working fine, and if (under normal circumstances) you travel frequently, consider getting the Airsense Mini.
"consider"and then go "are you kidding?",

It's louder, you can't get data from it, and there's no humidity.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 pm

A strong affirmative to Pugsy and PaleRider.
Why pay more for less?

packitin

Post by packitin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:15 am

I was getting ready to post a thread just like the one we're in now.

I just checked my Dream Station Bipap and saw that it has 7620 hours on it. Should I be thinking of a new machine?

This one has served me well, and I have a backup that I bought myself which I take on trips, which are few.

I haven't seen or heard from my sleep doc or supply DME for a year, and my sleep doc is now part time - 2 days a week.

So, I guess I'll just plow on as always, and wait for any changes to come.
Resmed Vauto S Bilevel
Airfit n30

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm

packitin wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:15 am
I was getting ready to post a thread just like the one we're in now.

I just checked my Dream Station Bipap and saw that it has 7620 hours on it. Should I be thinking of a new machine?

This one has served me well, and I have a backup that I bought myself which I take on trips, which are few.

I haven't seen or heard from my sleep doc or supply DME for a year, and my sleep doc is now part time - 2 days a week.

So, I guess I'll just plow on as always, and wait for any changes to come.
7620 hours is approximately 2.5 years at 8 hours a night. Doesn't sound like you're due for a replacement yet.

But when you are due, you may want to consider the ResMed AirCurve VAuto. Very popular machine around here.

packitin

Post by packitin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Thanks, I received that machine in mid-January of 2017, and I've traveled a few times with my backup machine. Also, at my age, the average no. of hours per night is (according to Oscar) is 5.58 hrs.

But I hate to part with it, because my average AHI is 1.25 for the last 4.5 years,which is not too bad. I suppose I was just wondering how long they are expected to last.

Has anyone here ever gotten 10,000 hours? As far as the 8 hr. nights, I don't think I have one of those even once a month.
Resmed Vauto S Bilevel
Airfit n30

Cruiser1234

Post by Cruiser1234 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:07 pm

There have been members who have over 35k hours on their units; so I would keep going. That said, Resmed designs them to last approx 20k hrs; but some will last more, some less.

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:23 pm

packitin wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:40 pm
Thanks, I received that machine in mid-January of 2017, and I've traveled a few times with my backup machine. Also, at my age, the average no. of hours per night is (according to Oscar) is 5.58 hrs.

But I hate to part with it, because my average AHI is 1.25 for the last 4.5 years,which is not too bad. I suppose I was just wondering how long they are expected to last.

Has anyone here ever gotten 10,000 hours? As far as the 8 hr. nights, I don't think I have one of those even once a month.
I used my S9 for five years and still keep it as a backup to my A10. Without firing up the machine to check I’m sure I have 15,000 hours on the S9 and it’s still tick in’.
I tried a Dreamstation when looking for a new machine but quickly exchanged it for an A10. Likely when it’s time for another machine I’ll go with what ResMed is offering.

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you all so much for your replies! Looks like I will stick with Resmed. My machine has served me well. I have been using a dreamwear full face mask for the last 5 nights. I am really liking it. I am coming from using a p10 for the last 5 years or so. So it has been a change. My mouth had started falling open. So it wasn’t working for me really anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on the f30i? I know it looks a lot like the dreamwear full face. Thanks again everyone!

MeToo

Post by MeToo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:48 am

If your current machine is still functioning okay, I'd be inclined to wait until Resmed introduces its newest model. The Airsense 10 is long in the tooth and I suspect they'll be announcing a new machine in the not-too-distant future. That is what I am doing. I got the AIrsense 10 shortly after it came out (and the reviews were good).