Low Score from Last Night's Sleep. Wait, what?!?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MDSnyder3

Low Score from Last Night's Sleep. Wait, what?!?

Post by MDSnyder3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 am

Hi all, I'm a new CPAP user. Almost a week, but not really, since I have been taking it off through the night due to having trouble exhaling. I was using the medium pillows. That's what came on my Swift FX headgear. Yesterday, after reading some posts about pillow problems, I changed out the mediums for the large pillow. Tried it during the day to see how it fit and how I breathed. Seemed better. Tried it last night. It was much much better. No problems exhaling and I didn't feel the need to breathe in deeply every 15-20 seconds. Only thing was that I would wake up through the night then go back to sleep. My lips would be super dry. I can handle that; but I'm sure there's a remedy for that too, maybe mouth leak?

So, I get up this morning. I went to bed about 12:30 am and woke at 6:00 am. Yeah, I know, that's not enough sleep; but that's not the issue. I checked my score from last night's sleep. My myAir score was 31! Wait, what?!?!? I had a much better night's sleep. What's going on? Here's the score breakdown:

00:05 Usage hours 1/70 (5 minutes?)
Good seal 20/20
0.0 events per hour 5/5 (that's because it thinks I slept for 5 minutes)
2 mask on/off 5/5 (I remember hardly touching my mask last night)
Total myAir score 31/100

Is it because the large is too large? I got a good mask seal and even restarted the mask fit during the day to recalibrate. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by MDSnyder3 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDSnyder3

Re: Low Score from Last Night's Sleep. Wait, what?!?

Post by MDSnyder3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 am

Ok, I just rechecked my score. Now it says 83! Maybe it hadn't compiled and uploaded the complete data when I first checked.

05:25 usage hours 54/70 (because I went to bed so late, I guess)
Good mask seal 20/20
3.5 events per hour 5/5
3 mask on/off 4/5 (hmmmm)
Total myAir score 83/100

Still, wonder why I got 3 mask on/off.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 am

I encourage you to download Oscar and check out your sleep results that way (I'm assuming you have a machine that provides data).

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 am

Totally agree about using Oscar - MyAir doesn't isn't much use compared to how comprehensive Oscar is re data to help you.

Btw - please don't start new threads when you have one going from a few days ago - we can't keep track of your history properly to be able to help you, though would very much like to.

MDSnyder3

Post by MDSnyder3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

Julie wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 am
Totally agree about using Oscar - MyAir doesn't isn't much use compared to how comprehensive Oscar is re data to help you.

Btw - please don't start new threads when you have one going from a few days ago - we can't keep track of your history properly to be able to help you, though would very much like to.
I will download Oscar. I only started a new thread because the subject was different than my other thread.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am

If you have essentials set to plus, there is more data to be seen on the screen.
MyAir would drive me completely bonkers!
I also set period to one day. (It resets to a month when the power is interrupted)
The MyAir score takes me right back to kindergarten, when I scorned stickers as too baby-ish.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am

You got dinged on the score from MyAir because of usage hours and a little because of mask off thing.
Anytime the machine gets turned off for any reason it will record a mask off.
When you were experimenting with the change in nasal pillow size it turned the machine on and off briefly...that still gets added into the totals to be reports. Ignore it.

It is actually better for newbies to stay in one thread even with lots of topics or questions popping up so we can follow your progress easier. There's always a lot of different questions pop up from someone new to therapy.
Now 6 months from now...maybe not so much but for when first starting therapy and with all the random weird questions that might pop up...keep them all in one thread even if totally different lines of thoughts.

And don't rely on MyAir....as you already figured out it doesn't always update very quickly.
And that overall "score" doesn't mean squat. What matters are the real results in terms of usage, results and how you slept.
There is some data available on the LCD screen sleep report but Essentials must be set to "plus" to see it.
And of course the details which you need OSCAR to see those details.
If you aren't seeing anything beyond hours of use on the sleep report on the LCD screen you need to change "Essentials" in the clinical setup menu area to "Plus".
Explained in the manual.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MDSnyder3

Post by MDSnyder3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

I totally understand about the one-thread deal. Also, I appreciate the explanation of myAir. I was taking it as gospel.

I downloaded and installed Oscar. How do get my sleep data to it?

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:00 am

Any old SD card left in the machine overnight, then removed for results in computer (before noon - machine runs noon to noon and anything looked at afterward ... say at 2 pm... will only give 2 hrs of data). Look at instructions for posting Oscar data (and which not to bother with) and set things up ready for tomorrow a.m.

MDSnyder3

Post by MDSnyder3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am

Julie wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:00 am
Any old SD card left in the machine overnight, then removed for results in computer (before noon - machine runs noon to noon and anything looked at afterward ... say at 2 pm... will only give 2 hrs of data). Look at instructions for posting Oscar data (and which not to bother with) and set things up ready for tomorrow a.m.
Figured it out and uploaded the data from my SD card to our home PC. I would rather use my laptop, but it doesn't have an SD port. Now to figure out what the data is saying. I will post the data when able.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:47 am

Julie wrote:

While this Noon thing was true with the prior ResMed machines...it's not true with the AirSense/AirCurve machines....in terms of viewing the daily sleep report on the LCD screen.

Unless someone actually uses the machine after 12 noon....just looking at last night's data after 12 noon won't result in seeing showing incorrect data. Obviously past ResMed machines reset the daily sleep report shown on the LCD screen at noon but not these new machines.
I checked it out. I can see the previous night's complete sleep report at 4 PM if I want to look....as long as I haven't used the machine past 12 noon.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

MDSnyder3 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am
Julie wrote:
Figured it out and uploaded the data from my SD card to our home PC. I would rather use my laptop, but it doesn't have an SD port. Now to figure out what the data is saying. I will post the data when able.
post the data here in this thread. then the experts will be able to give you advice.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:18 am

MDSnyder3 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am

You can pick up really inexpensive USB based SD Card readers.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am

Merci - tired of explaining about 'not after noon' :mrgreen: .

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:44 am

Julie wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am
Merci - tired of explaining about 'not after noon' :mrgreen: .
Yep...now you can cross that off the list of things you need to explain. The only time it is needed is when someone actually uses the machine after 12 noon and they wonder why the machine is only reporting a shorter time frame. I don't bother explaining until someone asks why. Mainly pertains to shift workers who might be sleeping during the day instead of night. I cross that bridge only if I need to in terms of explaining. Most people can figure it out.