Proposed BackUp Battery Setup, need advice, please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dushi

Proposed BackUp Battery Setup, need advice, please

Post by Dushi » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:51 pm

Hello everyone,

This is probably my third post since I joined in 2013! I have been using a
PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with AutoIQ pressure level 7
Also a ZZZ Pap Travel machine
Both with humidifier on. ( I have really bad dreams if I don’t use it.)
Quattro FX Full Face Mask-fit me like a glove!
Use religiously for 7 years with no issues. Take on overseas trips, no problems.

I retired and moved from NJ to the Hilton Head area three years ago. I buy my own replacement supplies from CPAP.com with no problems.
However, last week, I bought a
-AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier and two different masks to try out
-ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
-Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
(I haven’t set anything up yet as I have an appointment with a sleep doctor in two days.)

We have had hurricanes each fall since I moved here. While the power outages have been short, I would like to get a “just in case” power source.
*I read CapnLoki’s battery choice post a couple of times.
*I have read other posts on emergency power options. I looked up spec’s on ResMed’s Battery Guide.
*I am not concerned about weight as it will sit in my bedroom in the corner. 8 hours worth is probably good but two nights would be great.

I would like some feedback on what I have determined is a good setup for me.

I bought the
*DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10
Need the following, I am thinking of going to Interstate All Battery Center to purchase.
-Scooter Battery-need recommendation on brands
-Battery Box-I am looking at the Minn Kota Power Center
-Battery Tender-I think this is what charges the battery so it will probably on what battery I get.(?)
-Clip Adapter-I think this is what hooks the DC converter to the battery.

According to the ResMed Chart, currently I will need
With pressure 8, humidity 4, slimline hose
Battery size 24 AH (humidity @ 8 needs 42 AH!)

What I am having a problem with is…. How many hours will this last before I have to charge? Is another battery option better? I am not looking for a DIY option as I barely understand this much! I will be saving about $1,000 a month in insurance premiums later this year when Medicare kicks in so while I don't want to overspend, I have some room to play with an option that will last.

I appreciate any advice or comments you have. Sorry this is so long.

Many thanks, Debbie