exhalation concern with nasal pillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
thomascollins11

exhalation concern with nasal pillow

Post by thomascollins11 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Hello, I have a ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow with headgear. It works very well for me and is very comfortable. I have a concern that there is not enough air going out on exhalation. The vent holes are so small and hen i try to blow through them very little air goes through. I have washed them and that does not seem to make a difference. I am just worried that I am not exhaling out enough CO2 and that may be unhealthy. Does anyone know if that is something I have to worry about?
Thanks Tom

Pugsy

Re: exhalation concern with nasal pillow

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:30 pm

I have used the P10. The venting system on it is what we called a diffused venting system. It actually moves a lot more air than you think but the way it moves it makes it seem like it isn't moving much air because we can't feel it as much.
If you go look at the mask paperwork it will show the amount vented at whatever pressure you are using and it's right in line with other similar masks. The higher the pressure...the greater the venting. It's that way with all masks.
The P10 has been well tested before it was ever released. Unless the holes are totally blocked...it vents effectively.

The diffused venting is actually a plus...your bed partner no longer gets a cold blast of air in the face or on the back of their neck.
My husband was the first to comment on how nice that was.

If you put your hand up by the vent holes about an inch away and feel any air moving...it's fine.
We don't need a lot of air movement to expel the carbon dioxide. Actually a lot less than people think.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Our bodies are designed with this really cool failsafe, in case we can't breath properly through our nose. It's called a mouth.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:43 am

Wet your finger, then put it in front of the P10. You will see there is more air moving than you thought!
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)