Need recommendation for minimal skin contact masks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ronragus

Need recommendation for minimal skin contact masks

Post by ronragus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi, I have tried the dreamwear, N30i and P30i- all of those feels like there is too much stuff touching my face. I sleep slightly better now that I went back to old skool P10 but I would still need to put lanolin into my nostrils each night. I see that this forum mentions Bleep but unfortunately at where I am it would be too difficult and potentially expensive to source. Now I am down to the following two potential choices if I were to explore new masks:

Resmed N30

or
Fisher Paykel Evora
https://cpapmachinescanada.ca/products/ ... 5653051490

Can I expect even less skin contact with these 2 masks compared to P10? My problem with dreamwear and p30i was that were was too much silicone around the frame. Problem with N30i was that theres hard plastic in the cushion pinching my nose, and that the cushion's exhaust is very noisy.

Thanks

Julie

Re: Need recommendation for minimal skin contact masks

Post by Julie » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Have you not tried Padacheek.com 'liners'?

ronragus

Post by ronragus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Julie wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:48 pm
Have you not tried Padacheek.com 'liners'?
I did, but the pads are literally adding extra weight and additional contact surface to my face lol.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:22 pm

The Evora looks like it would have more overall skin contact than nasal pillows would rather than less, even though it's spread out to a different area. Here's a video review where you get a really good look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdGs2cgL3w

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:32 pm

I have yet to find a mask that is as less on the face and head as the P10 except for the Bleep.

I have not tried either of the 2 masks you showed above but from the appearance...I doubt they will be less.

Oh....just thought of one but it involves a mouth guard...the Tap Pap. Have you seen it?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tap-pa ... k-improved
I have used this mask in the past. In fact I used it for well over a year and then the P10 was released. About the same time I had to have some dental work done and couldn't comfortably use the mouth guard until I had a crown and root canal done...so I got the P10 and used it and never went back to the Tap Pap. If you are okay with a mouth guard...it's a nice little mask. The venting is going to be noisier than the P10 though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

khauser

Post by khauser » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:46 pm

I do have slightly diminished hearing, but the vent on the tap pap is really quiet. The dream port is much noisier, until the diffuser is added.