Update from ResMed VAP S

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goldrose1

Update from ResMed VAP S

Post by goldrose1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2000. In those days it was hard to get bipap. Knew some people who had apap for home sleep studies. Several DME's, doctors, studies, insurance changes since. One nearly new machine set off unexplained blaring noise at 4am, jarred my awake. DME said it was fluke. Next night, same noise at 4am and smoke came into my mask! (Respironics BiPap)
Have Res Med VAP S. They were soon replaced with ST models. Used humidifier in early years. Found humidifier is daily work: cleaning, special water, need extra plug and space, etc. Decided it's simplify: humidify entire house for better breathing and comfort of myself, pets, partner and wood in house.
2014, got new Res Med nasal mask. Medicare insurance said was too soon to replace machine. Noticed I took mask off during night. By day so tired, no energy.
Returning to apnea therapy after hiatus. Need energy, less fatigue. Looking to do something different, to get different results. :evil: :cry:
Moved to rural area of Ohio in 2014. Duck,duck go search got me to CPAPTalk. Read and read for couple weeks. Reading for ideas, Forum on need for support team is helpful. Good to now what is missing. :D :lol:
APAP makes sense. Glad they are now product of choice. Convinced to try again. Medicare provider support worthless. Gave 2 local providers. Neither handles apnea equipment. So tired: screwed up registering on this site. Sorted out issues. Now can log in.
Questions of the Day: :?: 1) What brand and machine will give me most useful therapy? Search for ResMed got me to local DME who only handles Respironics. Their RT says equipment from either company is about same.
2) Use DME thru Humana Medicare? Or get machine on line by price and service?
Thank you,
:D :D sleepy goldrose1.