SD Import used to work In OSCAR

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Justwannasleep1

SD Import used to work In OSCAR

Post by Justwannasleep1 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:48 am

It used to be that when I inserted my sd card with oscar running that it would automatically import the data. Now all the sudden it doesn't import at all and it asks for a folder. The sd card does not come up in the folder option. The computer wants to format the disk but from my understand that will erase all previous data. It's worth noting that this is a new laptop that it worked fine all for a few weeks. Also, can you use and standard SD for the dream station to start recording new data. I'm still using that original that came with the machine.

JDS74

Re: SD Import used to work In OSCAR

Post by JDS74 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:28 am

It may be that the SD card has failed in some way. Does it show up on the laptop when you look at storage devices (from your post it sounds as if the laptop can see it, but I like to double check in case I misunderstood something.)
If the computer can see it, can you get to the place where the system will try to detect and / or correct errors? You might try that.

Is your DreamStation a new replacement machine? If so did you just move the old SD card to the new machine? My version of OSCAR won't see the data in that circumstance.
If not, then a new card may be the solution.

Yes, a standard SD card will work but, of course, all the prior data on the card will likely be lost. When you put the new card in the DreamStation, it will rewrite all the stored summary data to the new card. Waveform data will be lost because that is written to the card in real time and not stored in the CPAP.

NOTE:
One thing you might consider doing is making a copy of all the data on the card (after this issue is resolved) to a folder on the laptop each day.
Make a folder - say called CPAP Backup.
Then make a new folder within that with the current date as folder name and copy the entire contents of the SD card to that folder. Each day, make a new folder in CPAP Backup folder labeled with the current data and repeat.

So you'll have the following structure:
1) CPAP Backup
1.1) 2020-05-06 - this folder contains the card contents for May 6th
1.2) 2020-05-07 - this folder contains the card contents for May7th
etc.

It's up to you how many backups you wish to maintain before yo start deleting the older data - I would think 3 - 5 would do the job.

If you get this same failure in the future, then (for Respironics machines) just get a replacement card, format it, and copy al the contents from the most recent backup folder on to the card, place it into your machine and your CPAP will add on the latest data. The usual caveats apply:
1) This only applies to Philips Respironics machines Series 50 and newer (I don't have any information about older ones.)
2) Any WaveForm data that was written since the latest backup will be lost.
3) It would be a good idea to get two SD cards so the most you will lose is just one night's WaveForm data.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

JenniferJuniper

Post by JenniferJuniper » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:23 am

Justwannasleep1 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:48 am
It used to be that when I inserted my sd card with oscar running that it would automatically import the data. Now all the sudden it doesn't import at all and it asks for a folder. The sd card does not come up in the folder option. ... Also, can you use and standard SD for the dream station to start recording new data. I'm still using that original that came with the machine.
I know this thread is from a few months ago, but I am having this exact same problem all of the sudden. Did you solve it by any chance? I also have a DreamStation.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm

JenniferJuniper wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:23 am
Justwannasleep1 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:48 am
It used to be that when I inserted my sd card with oscar running that it would automatically import the data. Now all the sudden it doesn't import at all and it asks for a folder. The sd card does not come up in the folder option. ... Also, can you use and standard SD for the dream station to start recording new data. I'm still using that original that came with the machine.
I know this thread is from a few months ago, but I am having this exact same problem all of the sudden. Did you solve it by any chance? I also have a DreamStation.
perhaps someone else will let you know. he hasn't been back to inform us.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

JenniferJuniper

Post by JenniferJuniper » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:37 am

It mysteriously started working again, so...? All's well that ends well, I guess.