Switched from P10 to P30i

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rickv

Switched from P10 to P30i

Post by Rickv » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:07 pm

When it was new mask time I decided to give the P30i a try. I have been using it for about a week and a half and I am having issues with leaks. I usually just check myair.com to see the previous nights results and since I have been using it my leak rates have been in the mid 20's L/min most nights. I have tried loosening the strap like others have posted to stop the leaks but it makes no difference. My pressures are pretty low 6-9 and i am wondering if that could be the problem. I have tried both the medium and large pillows and have settled on the large. I am sleeping good with low to no AHIs so should i be concerned about the the leak rates?

The other day I pulled my sdcard and checked my results in Sleepy head looking for a reason for the leaks. I couldn't see anything that was causing it.

realshelby

Re: Switched from P10 to P30i

Post by realshelby » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:12 am

I am going to go out on a limb here....and say you have standard size headgear? Because that is what you normally would use in something like this?

A couple of us here had the same issues with the P30i when it first came out. It is a really, really good mask. I use it at home all the time......

But I didn't get the leak rates back down to where I wanted them until I switched to the SMALL size headgear. If you find that the nose piece seems to seal better if you lift it up toward your eyes a bit, but it always seems to go back down on its own, the small headgear changes the angle slightly and helps with that.

I wear a 7 1/4 hat. Definitely not a small head. This headgear is too stretchy in my opinion anyway. The small size headgear shows much lower leak rates for me.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Rickv

Post by Rickv » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. So I check today and the leak rate was 14. Go figure.

Rickv

Post by Rickv » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:17 am

Kept having issues with leaks and also my AHI's went from 0.0-0.2 to 0.6-0.8 so I am back on my trusty old P-10.

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:50 am

I too have 71/4 head. I really like not having a hose hanging from my face (p10) but I had almost no leaks with that mask. Now I’m using the P30i. Most nights my leaks are down around 10 lpm or lower which is acceptable. I have been using the regular headgear and it does shift around a little bit I toss and turn a lot and the top of the head connection is great for me cuz I don’t have to fight the hose. We also have the small headgear and it seems a little tight to me but does drop the leak rate down closer to the p10 range.
My ahi is a little higher with the P30i but still is usually below 2

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:38 pm

I use a P30i in the small frame, but because I have a big head I wondered if the regular size frame would be better, so I ordered one. It felt good on, and was set on top of my head, rather than a bit forward as the small sits. I tried it for a week, but realized that I was showing larger AHIs, so I went back to the small. I'm happy with my experiment, and now I'm really happy with the small frame.

p.s. I was able to return the regular size frame at no charge for a full refund from Amazon. :)
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am

Anyone using the P30i and getting more leaks than they think they should be.....try the "small" size headgear. There are too many reports from actual users...that would measure for a standard size that are finding the small size lowers leak rates a lot. I am one of those users. Recently I went back to the standard headgear to experiment with the new Dreamwear "over the ear" replacement headgear. Thought it might make the standard size seal better. No joy, seemed the same. BUT...if you have long hair or especially if you keep it in a ponytail, the Dreamwear headgear does fit the P30i frame and might work better for those with long hair than the headgear made for the P30i.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm

I am a long time p10 user but like the top of the head connection of the P30i. I use lage pillows on the p10 and assumed I would use the same on the P30i as they look the same. But the P30i lage pillows are somehow different and if I don’t get them adjusted exactly right the pillow on the left will irritate a spot just inside my nostril. The pillow seems to be a little wider than the p10 pillows. I’m tempted to try to round up a medium pillow for the P30i and see if it fits better.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:59 pm

zorki1c wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm
I am a long time p10 user but like the top of the head connection of the P30i. I use lage pillows on the p10 and assumed I would use the same on the P30i as they look the same. But the P30i lage pillows are somehow different and if I don’t get them adjusted exactly right the pillow on the left will irritate a spot just inside my nostril. The pillow seems to be a little wider than the p10 pillows. I’m tempted to try to round up a medium pillow for the P30i and see if it fits better.
I too moved from the P10 (large pilliws) to P30i. I assimed I'd wear large on the P30i. The just didnt seal as well.

The mediums fit way better and less prone to leaking. I did notice the mediums are nous3ier and feel they provide less air.