Airsense 10 info for Toronto,Ontario, Canada

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jimosman1

Airsense 10 info for Toronto,Ontario, Canada

Post by jimosman1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:00 am

I just got a new Airsense 10 for her. The Cpap shop in Toronto, Ontario told me that they pay money to Resmed for all of their cpaps. Resmed requires that fee for the celluar card to work. I discovered that Telus is the provider on a 3G network. The signal is -81dbm in my house which is considered as being good. Not sure if the CRTC allows data transmission. I was also informed that my warranty is 3 years. Any cpap machine can be replaced after 5 years. All the Cpap shop does is says that the machine is not working and Ohip (Ontario insurance) will cover 75% of the cost of a new cpap.

3dmark

Re: Airsense 10 info for Toronto,Ontario, Canada

Post by 3dmark » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:38 am

I have that same Airsense 10 and have used in Toronto (and around the world), and never had a problem with the cell connection. I didn't have to pay anything beyond my initial purchase. So if the machine isn't working, the shop that sold it to you should replace it or fix it.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:54 am

jimosman1 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:00 am
I just got a new Airsense 10 for her. The Cpap shop in Toronto, Ontario told me that they pay money to Resmed for all of their cpaps. Resmed requires that fee for the celluar card to work. I discovered that Telus is the provider on a 3G network. The signal is -81dbm in my house which is considered as being good. Not sure if the CRTC allows data transmission. I was also informed that my warranty is 3 years. Any cpap machine can be replaced after 5 years. All the Cpap shop does is says that the machine is not working and Ohip (Ontario insurance) will cover 75% of the cost of a new cpap.
I'm really having trouble understanding what you're asking, stating or trying to determine.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:22 am

Why do you even need a cellular connection. You can bring the SD card in when you see the doctor.

BTW, my cellular connection did not work in Europe or Asia. I'm not sure about Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean. It plays "catch up" when I return home.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:47 am

D.H. wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:22 am
Why do you even need a cellular connection. You can bring the SD card in when you see the doctor.

BTW, my cellular connection did not work in Europe or Asia. I'm not sure about Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean. It plays "catch up" when I return home.

Promoting the fact that you frequent Europe and Asia again D.H. ? My cell connection has worked between Canada, the U.S., Caribbean, U.K and Europe. No problem! Perhaps you should get a better cell plan.

To the OP: Your cpap provider is telling you a big lie to line their pockets. Resmed or for that matter none of the cpap makers charge extra for cell costs... and... you do not provide compliance to the manufacturers, that is usually done by your insurance provider IF you are paying via insurance.

Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

jimosman1

Post by jimosman1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 pm

I thought I would provide an update for my ResMed Airsense 10 to all of the members for Toronto,Ontario, Canada.
The AirSense 10 needs a permanent switch to turn off the Telus cellular network 3G sim card, instead of Airplane mode which has it's nag.

Here is the link for Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission complaints Write and fill about ResMed transmitting data
https://applications.crtc.gc.ca/questio ... 1574888467

You could fill in about data data privacy

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am

Why the paranoia?
Nobody cares enough for data that is of no use to anyone but you and your medical team.

gorgonzilla

Post by gorgonzilla » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Stick it in a Faraday cage? They make RF-blocking paint, also.

Not being facetious, we had a "cellphone bin" at my last workplace. There might be a tiny bit of RF leakage out of a hole for the air tube, but not enough to connect anywhere. A flat panel of RAM stuck in front of that, and turn the hose 90 degrees, and you wouldn't get a connection even if the cellular base station was on your house's roof.