New machine [Resmed Airsense 10 For Her]; much better readings but SD card won't record data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needzzzzs

New machine [Resmed Airsense 10 For Her]; much better readings but SD card won't record data

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm

So I've had about a week with my new Resmed Airsense 10 For Her, just set to straight CPAP, and, for the first time in the 10 years I've been using a machine, have daily AHIs under 5. That's the very good news (keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed it continues).

However, I don't like the dumbed-down reports I get from the machine, so I put an SD card into the slot and it is not overwriting the data on the card (and the card is not locked). I tried this with two different old SD cards. The professional manual for this machine says it should have come with an SD card (it didn't). Is the data recording an either/or situation, i.e., using EITHER the Wi-Fi send data to the cloud (professionals can access) OR record data on SD card, or should it do both at the same time? Looks to me like it ought to do both.

If anyone has any ideas about this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Deb

Jas_williams

Re: New machine [Resmed Airsense 10 For Her]; much better readings but SD card won't record data

Post by Jas_williams » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:02 pm

needzzzzs wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm
So I've had about a week with my new Resmed Airsense 10 For Her, just set to straight CPAP, and, for the first time in the 10 years I've been using a machine, have daily AHIs under 5. That's the very good news (keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed it continues).

However, I don't like the dumbed-down reports I get from the machine, so I put an SD card into the slot and it is not overwriting the data on the card (and the card is not locked). I tried this with two different old SD cards. The professional manual for this machine says it should have come with an SD card (it didn't). Is the data recording an either/or situation, i.e., using EITHER the Wi-Fi send data to the cloud (professionals can access) OR record data on SD card, or should it do both at the same time? Looks to me like it ought to do both.

Thanks,

Deb
You need to sleep with the card in the machine and the download and use Oscar to read the data

Dog Slobber

Re: New machine [Resmed Airsense 10 For Her]; much better readings but SD card won't record data

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 pm

ResMed 10's use cellular to transmit data to cloud, regardless of the presence of an SD Card.

I would re-format and try writing data to SD Card on computer to verify that it not the cards.

When you look at the SD Card on the computer do you see any files?

NoOnesPerfect

Post by NoOnesPerfect » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:05 pm

The summary data is stored on the machine and may be sent via cellular connection to your DME or doctor. The detailed data is stored only on the SD card, which you would then remove from the machine, insert into a card reader on your PC, and access using the free OSCAR program you can download.

What leads you to think the data is not being recorded on the SD card?

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm

There is old data on the cards, from previous machines. When I insert either of the two cards into the machine, an orange light flashes as if it is re-formatting the card, but when I insert the card into a card reader, the old data remains and there is nothing written with the current date. I did wait 2 days after inserting the first card, thinking that the machine had to be recording data as it was happening, but when I read it today, it still had old data and dates on it.

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Also, this is my first time with a ResMed machine, am used to Respironics where data would overwrite what was on the card. I double-checked that the card lock was not preventing data being written.

turbo

Post by turbo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Vauto usually comes with an SD card, but not the Autoset
“I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it.” JOHN BELUSHI

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:33 pm

needzzzzs wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks,

Deb
When you remove and then reinsert the card (old OR new), the machine SHOULD say "preparing SD Card..."

If THAT isn't coming up, then the machine has a problem.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:43 pm

needzzzzs wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm
There is old data on the cards, from previous machines. When I insert either of the two cards into the machine, an orange light flashes as if it is re-formatting the card, but when I insert the card into a card reader, the old data remains and there is nothing written with the current date. I did wait 2 days after inserting the first card, thinking that the machine had to be recording data as it was happening, but when I read it today, it still had old data and dates on it.
The ResMed 10 Line will not remove foreign data from the SD Card, unless the filesystem is foreign, and then it will reformat the card.

If you are drawing the conclusion that it's not writing new data, because you are still seeing old data, then your method is flawed.

How are you drawing the conclusion that it's not writing?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Put the card in your computer and clean it off

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 pm

OK, I guess the consensus is to put the card in the computer and clean off the old data and try again.

LSAT, my conclusion that the machine was not writing new data on the card was because all the file dates are much older, and the card says formatted for one of the two older machines I had (one a Repironics APAP, one a Respironics BiPap).

I *do* get the "Preparing SD Card" message when inserting the card into the machine (orange light flashes) but I thought that meant it was reformatting/overwriting previous data, which it wasn't doing.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll let you know in a day or two if they work.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Look for a folder called DATALOG, then under DATALOG a folder named similar to:
  • yyyymmdd - Where:
  • yyyy is the year
  • mm is the month
  • dd is the day of month
There should be a directory like this for every day the device has stored data for. Last nights would have been: \DATALOG\20190627

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Thank you, Dog Slobber. I've reformatted the card and hopefully that will take care of the problem. I'll look to see if it has recorded anything from tonight's session tomorrow.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:53 pm

needzzzzs wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 pm
OK, I guess the consensus is to put the card in the computer and clean off the old data and try again.

LSAT, my conclusion that the machine was not writing new data on the card was because all the file dates are much older, and the card says formatted for one of the two older machines I had (one a Repironics APAP, one a Respironics BiPap).

I *do* get the "Preparing SD Card" message when inserting the card into the machine (orange light flashes) but I thought that meant it was reformatting/overwriting previous data, which it wasn't doing.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll let you know in a day or two if they work.
I thought the same until I found out it was either SleepyHead or my computer that wasn't seeing the new data.

Installed Oscar, and haven't had a problem since.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Reformatting the card did the trick. Last's night data was there in all its detail.

Interesting that the previous days of use had a summary AHI but no detail.

Also interesting that the Oscar software showed a slightly lower AHI than the Resmed software shows. Different algorithms, I guess.

In any case, the problem is solved and I thank everyone who helped me figure it out.

Deb