Airfit F30 mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gerryk

Airfit F30 mask

Post by Gerryk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 am

Have any of you had trouble with the back part of the headgear irritating your neck or the back of your head? The part where it appears to joint two parts has caused some irritation.

LSAT

Re: Airfit F30 mask

Post by LSAT » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 am

Gerryk wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 am
Have any of you had trouble with the back part of the headgear irritating your neck or the back of your head? The part where it appears to joint two parts has caused some irritation.
Pretty simple solution..cover the straps. Strap covers from padacheek.com

Gerryk

Post by Gerryk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am

I looked at them and can’t twll if they will
Work. If they are a tube they won’t if they are Velcro they may

JayDee

Post by JayDee » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 am

Gerryk wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am
I looked at them and can’t twll if they will
Work. If they are a tube they won’t if they are Velcro they may
They have a velcro seam so you can wrap them around the offending straps.

I can whole-heartedly recommend padacheek! I have the F30 liner and their top-strap pad. The difference for me is night & day! leaks are gone and the top strap is more comfy. All are washable too (I use my wife's lingerie bag in the washing machine).

Here's their F30 page: https://www.padacheek.com/airfit-30

Good luck!
-JD
If you're not having a good time, *DO* something about it.

tyrone747

Post by tyrone747 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:25 am

How do you like your F30 otherwise? Did you also try the Dreamwear FFM before?

Gerryk

Post by Gerryk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:38 am

Other than that, I love the mask. Fit is great and leak rate is low. I have tried just about every mask when they came out and nothing has been as good as this one so far.

AHI88

Post by AHI88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:11 pm

I tried this mask as I thought I've got one more chance at liking a full mask, but another impossible and uncomfortable experience, yes the straps hurt.

A week of suffering I'm back to my pillows

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:50 pm

tyrone747 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:25 am
How do you like your F30 otherwise? Did you also try the Dreamwear FFM before?
I have been having struggles with the F30 which I've had for about 2 weeks. I love the quiet ambient air flow with the air directed away from my face. Been using Amara View since I started about 1-1/2 yrs ago. The F30 is leaky for me, after more than a week, I still haven't slept thru the night due to leaks waking me up. Sometimes out of frustration, sometimes unconsciously, I take it off during the night. Tried all kinds of ways to adjust it, watched YouTube videos, nothing seems to work.

I will try Pad-A-Cheek and if anyone has any other hints or suggestions, please share.

Gerryk

Post by Gerryk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:00 pm

They make different size mask inserts for that frame. The medium was very leaky for me so we switched to the small. No large size in that mask.

recipefordisaster

Post by recipefordisaster » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:59 am

I think this is the best mask for me and I've tried a TON. The liner made a big difference.

The small cushion made it hard to breathe through my nose sometimes and the medium leaks more. The liner makes up for it... the straps don't bother me as long as I've been careful to keep them away from my ears.

Sometimes the venting seems to be louder than other times, which I don't understand. The machine is registering 0.1L leak so I guess it's fine,

I have a small cushion or two if anyone wants to trade for mediums!

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am

The AirFit F30 is definitely the quietest mask that I have ever tried, hands down, and it is very comfortable and leak free when adjusted correctly.

I tried the F30 for about six weeks in November/December of last year and gave up on it because my AHI's were a little higher than usual and I did not feel as rested.
However, these problems have completely disappeared by adding a soft cervical collar to my setup.

I like that there is no chance whatsoever of air bouncing off the pillow or anything else, the headgear is extremely comfortable,
and the quick release is simpler to use than the release on my DreamWear full face mask.

I believe the F30 may be one of the trickiest masks to fit initially, but the learning curve really isn't that difficult if you are willing to play around with the headgear a little each day for the first week or so, making one small adjustment at a time.

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:26 pm

weroberts75 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am
The AirFit F30 is definitely the quietest mask that I have ever tried, hands down, and it is very comfortable and leak free when adjusted correctly.
I still believe what I wrote three weeks ago; however, I'm going back to the DreamWear Full Face Mask.
The DreamWear FFM may not be as quiet, but it's easier to fit than the F30, it doesn't have to be as tight,
and it almost never needs adjusting in the middle of the night now that I have it figured out.