Travel CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nayl

Travel CPAP

Post by nayl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:26 pm

I am new to this forum and have been using my ResMed CPAP for about 9 months. My doctor recommended I use this forum for advice!! I hope to travel to Europe this summer and want a smaller device to travel with. Since I am going spend a big chunk of money on another CPAP anyhow, I would like one that has a battery pack that I can use for camping too. What have people found that they really like? Thank you.

Goofproof

Re: Travel CPAP

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Might try reading the post about 3/4 down on this first page, first. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

crazydiamond

Post by crazydiamond » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:58 pm

After some research and recommendation from my sleep doctor - the winner was the HDM Z2 CPAP.

Got it last week. Also ordering a separate mask to go with it.

coolspot

Post by coolspot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:08 pm

crazydiamond wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:58 pm
After some research and recommendation from my sleep doctor - the winner was the HDM Z2 CPAP.

Got it last week. Also ordering a separate mask to go with it.
I got an HDM Z1 several years ago, it works... not as comfortable as my ResMed S9, but good enough for travel.

I do wish the unit had humidification,the HME sort of works - in humid climates like the tropics (Hawaii) or London, UK, where there is ample moisture in the air. In drier places like Canada, Las Vegas, L.A., the HME is a bit hopeless. In these situations, I do recommend using a glycerin nasal spray like NeilMed's NasoGel - it helps gives the nose some protection for drier nights.

The machine is a tad noisy, but the portability is great.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:24 pm

Canada is huge and borders two oceans apart from the Great Lakes in the middle and melting snow all over... don't call it dry by any means without specifying a place and season.

crazydiamond

Post by crazydiamond » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am

Don't call....

LOL....sorry.