CPAP pressure when I wake up

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sotomayor

CPAP pressure when I wake up

Post by Sotomayor » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 am

It has happened very often that the CPAP pressure when I wake up is at the lowest setting of 6!
Does that mean that it was at the lowest all night?
Sometimes it shows other higher pressures!

Thanks for your support

john5757

Re: CPAP pressure when I wake up

Post by john5757 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 am

That is usually normal because you wake up your muscles, being more active, is helping to keep the airway more open. The ACPAP will usually lower the pressure at that time.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Sotomayor wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 am
It has happened very often that the CPAP pressure when I wake up is at the lowest setting of 6!

Thanks for your support
Doesn't mean diddly squat.
Are you using Sleepyhead software or just getting that pressure number from your LCD screen?
If you use the software, you will be able to see what your pressure is doing all night long.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 pm

To the OP:

Although I don't know what type of equipment you have, the information that you posted suggests that you have an automatic.

Most (not all) automatics are compatible with SleepyHead and/or a proprietary app from the manufacturer. You should be able to tell what your pressure was all night, and how many apnea/hypopneas you had during the night.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Sotomayor wrote:
Auto machines raise pressure whenever they detect breathing events, and then as soon as those events stop, they start lowering the pressure back to your minimum.

That's why it's very important to get the minimum set properly, otherwise you'll have repeated cycles of events happening when the pressure gets too low.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Sotomayor wrote:

Thanks for your support
welcome! i see you have lots of advice already. as you progress, you're bound to have more questions. may i refer you to the links below, in my sig? one of them is a post from pugsy, giving you all kinds of helpful advice.

one of the things we'd like to see is just what equipment you are using. we don't all use the same machine, or mask or even the same combination thereof. if you could go to your profile and fill out that info, then it will appear at the bottom of each post you make.

also, the experts here will need to see some data for you. get the sleepyhead software and if your cpap machine is compatible, then you can post some charts here and get advice tailor made to you.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg