OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bonjour

OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer

Post by bonjour » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 am

There is a group of developers from the Apnea Community, comprised of some of the same individuals that have contributed to previous versions of Sleepyhead and some that have not, including individuals from multiple forums and multiple nationalities, working on developing a fork of Sleepyhead 1.1.0. Mark is the author of Sleepyhead which is the foundation of this Fork and as such we will be forever grateful. This fork occurred because the developer of Sleepyhead, Mark Watkins, has issued a statement that the Sleepyhead project is closed. We are currently vetting the new name, OSCR pronounced Oscar, for Open Source CPAP Reviewer (we cannot use Sleepyhead). We are still looking for developers to help us. The "Apnea Software Talk" is a think tank for collaborating on the next generation of the CPAP analysis and reporting software. To be clear, this is not an Apnea Board Project.

In addition to this effort Apnea Board will continue to Serve Sleepyhead v 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 on its open File Server https://www.apneaboard.com/sleepyhead/

Fred

Grace~~~

Re: OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I can't pretend to know what's going on with the sleepyhead drama ~~~ :?:

...but I do love marketing and sales and I definitely like the name OSCAR.

You'd think a golden statute or a grumpy monster in a trashcan would come to mind, but FWIW (market research?) the first thing *I* saw was an adorable three toed sloth.

~~~those guys know how to SLEEP!
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

djont57

Post by djont57 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I vote for the grumpy monster in the trash can. That's what I felt like every morning before CPAP. :)

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm

I vote against any thing that can be interpreted as infringing on trademarks owned by others.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm
I vote against any thing that can be interpreted as infringing on trademarks owned by others.
Yep :wink: ~~~

I don't think anyone knows about Oscar the sleepy sloth who was the only sloth in Dreamyland who couldn't stay asleep and whose choking and snoring upset all the other sloths and so he had to "hang out" all alone in a tree by himself ...

~~~until one day he found Xpap
8)
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm
Yep :wink: ~~~

I don't think anyone knows about Oscar the sleepy sloth who was the only sloth in Dreamyland who couldn't stay asleep and whose choking and snoring upset all the other sloths and so he had to "hang out" all alone in a tree by himself ...

8)
Yes! I vote for the sloth...and I can't wait for the book :)

Bookit

Post by Bookit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

I second that! :D

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks Guys :P

... well since I don't know a "forking" thing about *code* ...

~~~one can only give what they have? Maybe someone over in the mystery land of AB will like it?
(I never go anywhere with moderation. My brain is washed enough. I freaked the first time I found out free speech didn't exist on the internet. (nothing to do with cpap of course) I think moderation is considered the "Norm?" Who knew? )

But I like the possibilities of the story too ~~~

{{{{{ OSCAR}}}}}
He's so CUTE in his Dreamwear Mask!

Spoiler:
It's a HAPPY ENDING :D

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Bookit wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

I second that! :D
Find a good drawing/picture that's free to use :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm

I found a perfect picture but I don't know how to upload pictures and I have no idea how to tell if something is free to use?

I do totally dig having learned the new word "fork" though!
... been "slipping it in" in real life too :P

I'm getting so techie :idea:

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm

redbubble.com?

On redbubble there's also the greatest picture of a sloth riding a Llama ... It's his Pal, Pale. Pale the Llama.
That's when Oscar was on his way to the finding his Xpap!

A KLERK

Post by A KLERK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm
How about choosing here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sloth&t=ffab& ... &ia=images

When you find one, click on it, click the picture once more and then right click and choose for Copy Image location. Then come back here and right click and paste it in your text. Simple?

Looking for MORE translators!

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 pm

awwwweeeeeee~~~~

THANK Y 8) U {{{{{{{{AKLERK}}}}}}}}

I will try!

I'm hoping when Oscar the sleepy sloth leaves his lonely tree on his Pal, Pale the Llama , in search of the Xpap it is Our Friend Bob who he meets at a fork in the road, and Sweet Bob helps him to find The Xpap, restore his sleep, and return to his sloth friends in the trees of Dreamyland ...and they sleep happily ever after ~~~

Oh ... and I found out an interesting trivia on sloths last night! Sloths only go potty once a week! :shock: Who knew?
...but if Oscar has sleep apnea he might be up and down every few days until he gets treatment.

:wink:

<wishing I was on a houseboat in Amsterdam>

~~~grace

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http ... Cf.jpg&f=1

Oh well? :roll:

I thought I'd make a picture appear?

It's a very sweet OSCAR though.
A bit of a "ginger" ... like a Prince Harry Sloth ~~~

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1300124 ... ,075,f.jpg

Oh well? :roll:

I thought I'd make a picture appear?

It's a very sweet OSCAR though.
A bit of a "ginger" ... like a Prince Harry Sloth ~~~
Let me get that for you.