Sleepyhead Sleep/Wake/Hours Incorrect

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BrianinTN

Sleepyhead Sleep/Wake/Hours Incorrect

Post by BrianinTN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 pm

I tried searching for this and found nothing, but apologies if I missed it and it's been addressed previously.

I've recently begun using my PR S1 ASV again, and the Sleep, Wake, and Hours numbers in Sleepyhead aren't being shown correctly. Oddly, importing the data into Encore Pro yields correct numbers.

The bug is that several nights in a row will show the exact same time of sleep, right down to the second, which is obviously impossible. Strangely, the sleep and wake times move from night to night.

An example may be helpful:
1/19/19 Sleep 1:30:11 Wake 4:03:52 Hours 2:33:41
1/20/19 Sleep 1:54:29 Wake 4:28:10 Hours 2:33:41
1/21/19 Sleep 2:00:58 Wake 4:34:39 Hours 2:33:41
1/22/19 Sleep 3:10:00 Wake 5:43:41 Hours 2:33:41

Any ideas what's going on? If it were just affecting the times, I wouldn't care, but whatever is going also appears to be skewing the AHI calculations.

Thank you!

Pugsy

Re: Sleepyhead Sleep/Wake/Hours Incorrect

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Which version of SleepyHead?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BrianinTN

Post by BrianinTN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 pm
Which version of SleepyHead?
Hi Pugsy! It's been a long time. :)

I'm using v1.0.0-beta-2 for Mac, which as best I can tell is the latest version.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:51 pm

It's just buggy software when it comes to the PR S1 ASV machines and actually a couple of the other high end PR S1 models.

You might try this version...not officially released yet and not without some bugs of its own but I think the ASV bugs were ironed out.
https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/testing/1.1.0/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BrianinTN

Post by BrianinTN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 am

I just installed that testing version and even started with a fresh profile, but unfortunately, that didn't change anything. The testing version looks nice though!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:25 am

Bummer. I was hoping that would fix things for you.

Since Encore is reporting the correct time frames then we know the machine is writing to the SD card correctly.
That leaves a SleepyHead bug of some sort. Have you changed any of the little settings lately? I know when I was using the 960 there was some little something that I did that caused the reports to go whacko but I didn't pay enough attention back then to document whatever it was I did. It was something that I turned on or off that seemed to trigger the mess up in the SH reports. I didn't think too much of it until weeks later and I saw the same thing in someone else's 960 report...unfortunately I don't remember what it was.

We have another forum member using the 1060 model and he gets the same weirdo sleeping times like you are getting...never could figure out what it was. Thought it might be multiple sessions confusing things but it also just showed approx the same amount of time you are seeing and nothing else even when there was just one session.

BrianinTN

Post by BrianinTN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:42 am

Yeah, I've tweaked both the humidity and the pressure settings lately. Looking at the session information, each night is showing up as a separate and different session, so at least it looks like it's not some cross-session merging bug.

I do see the bug going back to some very old data now too, and I think I would have noticed it back then...but given my brain power (or lack thereof!) these days, who knows.