One year on asv, no consistency

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Squishy

One year on asv, no consistency

Post by Squishy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been on my Asv for one year, 41 years old.

I recently had to go onto anti depressants, and my sleeping has been much better, but still no consistency,

I find I can have one excellent night, and then a very poor night with trouble falling asleep (I’ll almost have to wait until I am ready to pass out) and then waking up with brain cloud and confused, with a sore chest almost like my lungs have been over inflated, and have have terrible nightmares.

There seems to be no consistency to my sleep whatsoever,

I still find that I will wake up in middle of the night and feel well rested at after 2 hours sleep and I will take the mask off, and waking up The next morning, I feel like I have not slept at all,

I had almost5 hours sleep last night, and feel most of the sleep had nightmares and I feel like I have run a marathon in my sleep.

Even though my events seem to be under control, my brain cloud passes after a few minutes Or sometimes it will last for days,

Some days I feel great and other days by 12pm I feel I am so tired and yawning I will pass out from exhaustion

I find I almost have to be so tired that I am about to pass out to fall asleep when I get into bed to use the machine,

I sometimes have the trumpet leaks, but my machine shows the smiley face for humidifier and leaks.

I also think my sense of smell has been affected, my sense of direction and my memory, i also find I can no longer hold my breath while having a swim and will get “shakey and crave sugar all day)

I really am tired feeling like this,

Snoregone Conclusion

Re: One year on asv, no consistency

Post by Snoregone Conclusion » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:39 pm

If you're taking it off after 2 hours of sleep and not using it the rest of the night, and you have a valid reason to use the machine (insurance must think so, they hate paying more!) then it's not a question why you feel like crap. What's your real question?

If you sleep all night with using it and it's not working at all, that's a different question: if you're consistently only using it a short part of the night and taking it off, you're getting the expected results.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Squishy wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 pm
feel well rested at after 2 hours sleep and I will take the mask off,
Well, there's your first problem. Stop taking the mask off.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:30 am

When's the last time you had some labwork done at your MD's? You may have hypoglycemia or even prediabetes, etc. You should also ask for cognitive/memory testing – you do need to know for sure if you're having problems that Cpap can''t fix and not being tested won't make possible problems go away. Btw, losing your sense of smell is a red flag to possibly larger problems as well - mention it to your doctor.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 am

Squishy wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Even though my events seem to be under control, my brain cloud passes after a few minutes Or sometimes it will last for days,
how about posting some sleepyhead charts? we have no idea what "events seem to be under control" really means.

it could be that you need to tweak the settings on your machine. if you post charts here, the experts may be able to make helpful suggestions to dial in your therapy.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg