Help Please: Major Leak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
amanda.s

Help Please: Major Leak

Post by amanda.s » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi, I am looking for some help. I used my CPAP mask (P10) successfully for 7 months. About a month ago, my leak rate increased to about 28L/min every night. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem might be. About a month before the leaking started I got a new mask (same kind). I have tried going back to my old mask in case something was wrong with the new one but it is not helping. Every morning I still get the green smiley face saying my mask fit was good on my machine. I sometimes tape my mouth, but there seems to be no difference in my leak rate (maybe tape 1-2 days a week). I am definitely noticing I am not sleeping well because I am more irritable and my patience is low.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Amanda
Attachments
screenshot-20181030-170012.png
screenshot-20181030-170012.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 627 times
screenshot-20181030-165525.png
screenshot-20181030-165525.png (42.11 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Julie

Re: Help Please: Major Leak

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Have you gained or lost even a little bit of weight (5-10 lbs)? It can make a difference in fit, and tho' your numbers may still be ok, you may not be sleeping as well.

Barbee

Post by Barbee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Maybe your hose has a leak?

laprof

Post by laprof » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Good evening. I have no idea if this will help you, but it has helped me. My leaks were pretty high, too, until I bought some mask liners (nasal mask). Since using them, the leak numbers stay between 8-12. Best.

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 pm

For me, increased leak numbers are a sign it's time to replace my mask cushion.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 am

The leaks look like mouth breathing to me as your using nasal pillows are you doing anything to stop you mouth opening and letting the air blow out

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 am
The leaks look like mouth breathing to me as your using nasal pillows are you doing anything to stop you mouth opening and letting the air blow out
She says she gets them even when she tapes her mouth sometimes and leaks don't change.
amanda.s wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
I sometimes tape my mouth, but there seems to be no difference in my leak rate (maybe tape 1-2 days a week)

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:45 am

If those leaks are happening even when the mouth is taped then the only think left is mask movement.
Mask movement that is sporadic...maybe with tossing and turning.
If it was a hole in the hose or something like that you wouldn't have times where the leak management was well controlled.

It's an ugly leak line for sure but leaks aren't massive and really just barely into large leak territory.
If those leaks are disturbing your sleep....don't want them even if they didn't go into large leak territory.

Did you get new headgear when you got the new mask package? Those look like what I get when my headgear is very tired.....try washing in really hot water and see if the headgear will shrink up and be able to fit snugger.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

amanda.s

Post by amanda.s » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will try and see if any of them help.

Amanda