Nuance Pro vs. AirFit P10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dkhinz

Nuance Pro vs. AirFit P10

Post by dkhinz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm

I have been using the AirFit P10 for almost 5 years now but got tired of fiddling with the straps. I tried the clips they give you but these are a bust and don't grab well enough. What I wound up doing is cutting the straps and then stapling them inside out where I wanted them. I would have to redo this twice during the life of the mask.

Well, I got tired of it and my CPAP guru or whatever you call the Dr. said to try the Nuance Pro. This works well for me because of the infinite adjustments in the straps. Getting used to a new mask is a process though and I realize it does take some time. I am now thinking of sticking with the Nuance Pro and making it work.

I'm wondering how many others have been through this same process though and what their results have been.

IrisofNY

Re: Nuance Pro vs. AirFit P10

Post by IrisofNY » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:17 pm

My husband had the same issue with the P10 and sleeps well with the Nuance Pro gel mask.
I preferred the pillows on the Nuance Pro but hate any straps, especially velcro, on my head and so stayed with the P10. It is a personal decision.
Last edited by IrisofNY on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dkhinz

Post by dkhinz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Thanks for your input. Every bit helps.

juaquin

Post by juaquin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:18 pm

I have both the regular Nuance and the P10, and strongly prefer the fit and gentle exhalation ports on the P10, but the headgear on the Nuance. I'm hoping there will be an Airfit P20 with "normal" velcro-adjustable straps rather than the one-size(-poorly)-fits-all stretchy P10 strap.

Stom

Post by Stom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:53 pm

I have both the Nuance and p10. I like the adjustable headgear of the Nuance and the soft pillows, but the lack of a stiff frame to bridge from the nosepiece to the fabric headgear (like the P10 has) is a major design flaw in the Nuance. The all-fabric frame allows the nose piece of the nuance to torque from shifts in the weight of the short hose as I change sleep positions, altering the fit of the pillows. That makes the Nuance completely unusable for me.
Official Foe™ on @Palerider's public list of foes. ;-)

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:53 pm

I have both. Actually went back to the Nuance Pro for several nights this past week. Was, and still am, surprised at the very low leak rate the Nuance Pro shows on Sleepyhead. I get good readings with the P10, and I thought it sealed better. But the Nuance hardly shows the green line at the bottom of the graph!

There is a difference in how they seal. I do have to run the Nuance a bit tighter. But that is easy with the very good headgear. I think the P 10 pillows are much more comfortable, but the Nuance can be just fine once you get your nose toughened up a bit.

The P 10 is a LOT better in how quiet it is and how low the vent air dispersion feels.

May just be chance, but my AHI scores seem to run lower with the Nuance. I had a 0.1 and a 0.2 with it along with 0.6 and 0.8. I hardly ever get below 1 with the other masks. It could be how I hold my head, as the Nuance isn't as tolerant as the P 10 against a pillow.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

LookingUp!

Post by LookingUp! » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:46 am

I also have both masks. I still have to use a chin strap as well. I have found that with both the P10 or the Nuance Pro that I can use the chin strap to hold the head gear in place. But the Nuance Pro tends to be more comfortable for my nose. I also get 0 leak rate all night with the Nuance Pro. So I tend to go back and forth between the Nuance Pro and the Resmed N20. My P10 doesn't get much use right now. At some point I'll probably try it again though.