New REMstar Auto M Series Device

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gatorglenn

New REMstar Auto M Series Device

Post by gatorglenn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi,

I just bought a new REMstar Auto M Series Device from cpap.com. I have used a cpap for 10 years and my pressure was set at 11.5 on my old machine which is old and large.

The Auto M arrived today. Wow is it small. The shipping box was smaller than my original cpap machine. I think I will love this new one for traveling.

I did not get any manual with the machine. Is this normal? I would thought a basic manual would have been included. Any tips on using the auto cpap with C-Flex?

I did not get the humidifier or the software. I may get those later but I don't normally use a humidifier at home anyway.

Thanks,
Glenn

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:47 pm

There should have been both a user manual and a clinician's manual. If you did not get that, make sure to call them - they have excellent customer service. If you ordered the kind that had software, reader, and humidifier bundled in with it, also mention that to them, as those should have been included, too.

Machine: M-Series Auto
Mask: Headrest
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:57 pm

It's my understanding that the "setup" instructions are on a card now (rather then a complete manual). Check through your stuff again and see if it's there.

Best wishes for good sleeping.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Wulfman wrote:It's my understanding that the "setup" instructions are on a card now (rather then a complete manual). Check through your stuff again and see if it's there.

Best wishes for good sleeping.

Den
That's what I've heard too, Den...that the M machines have a setup card packed with them, rather than a Provider manual. But a Provider manual does exist for M machines - it just doesn't come in the box with the machine.

gatorglenn, if you do what College Girl suggests (contact cpap.com), I'll bet they'll send you a copy of the manual for the M machine.

Glenn, check your private messages -- button at upper right of this page.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

jackr

Post by jackr » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 pm

THere is no clinician's manuel. It is on a card but they dont tell you how to get to that setup menu anywhere.

So here is how you do it

Hold down the 2 arrow buttons while plugging it in. THat is the secret.

blarg

Post by blarg » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm

Mine came with a "Provider Quick Setup Guide".

I wish I had a scanner so I could PDF it and put it online, but alas, I don't. It's pretty self explanitory, but I don't think it would hurt to have it online somewhere.

gatorglenn

Re: New REMstar Auto M Series Device

Post by gatorglenn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Duh is me. I found the manuals. They were inside of the carry case pocket with the tube which I didn;t take out since I don't need it now.

I did get a user manual and a provider setup and data menu navigation page.

I do like the idea of having that provider setup page available online as a download but I don't know if hat would be possible do to copyright laws.

Thanks,
Glenn

jcranmer

Post by jcranmer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:06 am

I can confirm what others have already said, the M series now comes with a setup "card" rather then a complete provider manual.

sleepingBear

Post by sleepingBear » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 am

In case anyone else is looking for the manuals, you can download them directly from Respironics.

Here is the link to all their manuals in PDF format.

http://global.respironics.com/manualsandliterature.asp

Look under R for REMStar.

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Software, previous machines Remstar PR System One 60 Series Auto, Remstar Auto M

blarg

Post by blarg » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 pm

sleepingBear wrote:Here is the link to all their manuals in PDF format.
Well, all their user manuals. The card in question is for providers, so isn't on their website. Anyway, it's easy enough info to come by in any case.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:10 pm

I think you just answered your own question: IT'S FOR PROVIDERS NOT PATIENTS!

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 pm

If all providers could do their jobs competently and well, there would be no need for patients to take charge of their own treatment, Research_Guy. As it stands, however, there is an immense need for patients to do just that. There will always be incompetent imbeciles in every industry - that includes the medical one. Therefore, patients should have final say over what happens to their own bodies - and that includes what pressure air is going into our lungs.

Oh, and by the way, next time you need our help with your website...Good luck getting any.

This new "outing" of guest posters just sucks for people like you, eh?
Machine: M-Series Auto
Mask: Headrest
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

blarg

Post by blarg » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:32 am

Anonymous wrote:I think you just answered your own question: IT'S FOR PROVIDERS NOT PATIENTS!
I don't remember asking a question....

Well, if my provider was more COMPETANT, they would have set my machine correctly. I never got titrated, the whole point of having an Auto was to titrate me, and they left it at CPAP 15. I think they're more like Home Depot (do it yourself) anyway since they left the card in. It was probably my job to know the difference between all the modes, what pressure range I need, what mask I should have, how to adjust my mask, how to fix my rainout, not to set it on split night, how to turn the mask leak alarm on, how to see how I was doing with treatment, and how to figure out if I was mouth leaking. Which all turned out fine, because I know those things now, but I'm not most patients.

Your statement would be fine if the medical industry really did insulate me from learning all this by taking care of me 100%, but it didn't. Sorry, but it's not always in the patients' best interest to keep them ignorant.

I think if providers are going to issue blanket statements like you just did, then they should be held accountable when they endanger the health and well being of their patients like my provider did.

Personally, I much prefer to simply fix the issue and move on with my life. People make mistakes. Have you ever made a mistake? If people make mistakes, others have to take up the slack. That's all I want to be able to do, and to help others do.

sleepingBear

Post by sleepingBear » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:43 am

If you are in need of any of the manuals for the M series Auto, PM me and I can send them to you, I have them all including the Provider setup.

I believe in the freedom of information and feel that we should have all the information available, not just what a Dr or DME feels we should know.

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Software, previous machines Remstar PR System One 60 Series Auto, Remstar Auto M

Post by Guest » Tue May 29, 2007 4:54 pm

[quote="jackr"]THere is no clinician's manuel. It is on a card but they dont tell you how to get to that setup menu anywhere.

So here is how you do it

Hold down the 2 arrow buttons while plugging it in. THat is the secret.[/ been looking for 4 hours for this thanks muchquote]