SleepyHead won't work WWindows 10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kjfishman

SleepyHead won't work WWindows 10?

Post by kjfishman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am

I tried to download SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2 and it won't install. I get "The ordinal 3459 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\programfiles (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleasy32.dll. message. This was the only version they offered on the web page.

palerider

Re: SleepyHead won't work WWindows 10?

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:09 pm

kjfishman wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am
I tried to download SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2 and it won't install. I get "The ordinal 3459 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\programfiles (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleasy32.dll. message. This was the only version they offered on the web page.
SH works fine on windows 10... thousands of people are using it.

That message has nothing to do with SH.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:09 pm
kjfishman wrote:
SH works fine on windows 10... thousands of people are using it.

That message has nothing to do with SH.
what DOES that message mean?

also, if he downloaded a fresh copy, would it install properly?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 pm

kjfishman wrote:

Try re-registering ssleasy32.dll. It may work, but it may lead you to another error.

1. Press Windows+X, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type the following command, and then press Enter:
regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 am

ImRealPleezApproveMe wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 pm
kjfishman wrote:

Try re-registering ssleasy32.dll. It may work, but it may lead you to another error.

regsvr32 ssleay32.dll
Do this first, and if that doesn't work, try to reinstall Sleepyhead. If that doesn't work, try to run SH in administrator mode. If that doesn't work, see if you need any Windows updates. Many times system files are updated, etc and you may just need an updated version. ssleasy32.dll is a module from OpenSSL toolkit that's used in a bevy of software. Usually, the application calling for it can give you an indicator as to how to fix it. If a video game is calling for it, then updating video card drivers is a fairly successful first step. Sometimes, updating DirectX fixes the problem. I don't know the parameters in which SH is calling for it though, and there is some question as to if SH even uses that file. It could be that another program is calling for that file before you even start SH. I'll take a look at my install when I get home.

I would advise against downloading a copy of ssleasy32.dll from those "Driver download" sites, that's never a good idea and can lead to some real problems due to malware, etc.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:06 am

Midwest_non_sleeper wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 am
kjfishman wrote:

regsvr32 ssleay32.dll
Do this first, and if that doesn't work, try to reinstall Sleepyhead. If that doesn't work, try to run SH in administrator mode. If that doesn't work, see if you need any Windows updates. Many times system files are updated, etc and you may just need an updated version. ssleasy32.dll is a module from OpenSSL toolkit that's used in a bevy of software. Usually, the application calling for it can give you an indicator as to how to fix it. If a video game is calling for it, then updating video card drivers is a fairly successful first step. Sometimes, updating DirectX fixes the problem. I don't know the parameters in which SH is calling for it though, and there is some question as to if SH even uses that file. It could be that another program is calling for that file before you even start SH. I'll take a look at my install when I get home.

I would advise against downloading a copy of ssleasy32.dll from those "Driver download" sites, that's never a good idea and can lead to some real problems due to malware, etc.
As I said, I'm about 99.7% sure this has nothing to do with sleepyhead. SH doesn't need anything to do with SSL. I just checked my copy, (admittedly, it's linux) but it has no links to any SSL libraries.

Now, maybe the person's browser is broken and can't download HTTPS...

Also, guessing that c:\programfiles (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleasy32.dll is a bolt-on, not a normal part of windows.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:06 am
Midwest_non_sleeper wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 am
kjfishman wrote:

regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

As I said, I'm about 99.7% sure this has nothing to do with sleepyhead. SH doesn't need anything to do with SSL. I just checked my copy, (admittedly, it's linux) but it has no links to any SSL libraries.

Now, maybe the person's browser is broken and can't download HTTPS...

Also, guessing that c:\programfiles (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleasy32.dll is a bolt-on, not a normal part of windows.
I'm in agreement with you and I'll bring that percentage up to 99.9%.

Looked at my install on Windows 10 when I was home at lunch, no record of ssleasy32.dll, so it's not needed to run SH and certainly isn't included in the subdirectory. My guess is, either a borked application is calling for it before SH, or malware.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:59 pm

kjfishman wrote:
This was the only version they offered on the web page.
I would question the source. What web page?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:59 pm
kjfishman wrote:
Likely this page, https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

1.0.0-beta2 is the only official released version although there was an early testing build of a later version.
Jedimark has gone into hiding, hopefully working on SleepyHead. He has not been active on his chat servers since shortly after he provided those testing builds.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
kjfishman wrote:

1.0.0-beta2 is the only official released version although there was an early testing build of a later version.
Jedimark has gone into hiding, hopefully working on SleepyHead. He has not been active on his chat servers since shortly after he provided those testing builds.
That would be good, but there are other sources that may supply a little malware along with it - https://sleepyhead.software.informer.com/, for example.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:07 pm

prodigyplace wrote:

Not the first time he's done something like that after some fool blabbed the existence of a testing version. Mark insists on making all announcements himself.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:07 pm
prodigyplace wrote:

Not the first time he's done something like that after some fool blabbed the existence of a testing version. Mark insists on making all announcements himself.
That was after SleepRider posted on ApneaBoasrd & quoted Jedimark who publicly posted it on Facebook.
His only complaint about that was being quoted. I posted on that same chat thread that I would post here and I did not quote Mark.
He did not object here until quite a while later.

My personal suspicion is the next version, if it is released will not be based on the testing build anyway.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm
prodigyplace wrote:
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
kjfishman wrote:

That would be good, but there are other sources that may supply a little malware along with it - https://sleepyhead.software.informer.com/, for example.
Not necessarily. There could be malware on that PC that wasn't put there with a SH install. As a matter of fact, that would be my guess. Since SH doesn't call ssleay32.dll for any reason, then something is calling it from either a broken driver or something. Worst case (besides bad malware) is there's a corrupted filesystem file somewhere, but re-registering it *should* fix a bad driver or corrupted filesystem file.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:44 am

The path originally listed indicated some Intel client. My research was vague but it appeared to be something about licensing. Ssleay32.dll is a pretty common old encryption library used for security.

It is possible SH is trying to use a library from something that was improperly uninstalled.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:44 am
The path originally listed indicated some Intel client. My research was vague but it appeared to be something about licensing. Ssleay32.dll is a pretty common old encryption library used for security.

It is possible SH is trying to use a library from something that was improperly uninstalled.
ssleay32.dll has nothing to do with SH. I've got SH installed on two machines and neither one even has ssleay32.dll registered on it (cmd: dir ssleay32.dll /s). It's being called from something else, and without having direct access to OPs machine, it would difficult to determine exactly what that is. But I do agree with one point, it is a remnant of an old library, it's probably just being called from machine boot as opposed to SH doing it.