Is it necessary to have water in tank

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
knothead

Is it necessary to have water in tank

Post by knothead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 am

Let me start off saying that I use passover , no added heat, no heat on my hose. Question is is it OK to use my Airsense 10 without water in the tank. I have a condition called Sarcoidosis and when the climate in south Texas gets humid one day dry the next, hot one day ,cold the next I tend to cough a lot in the AM, I want to try a test to see if NO moisture other than what's in the room will help tone down the coughing some. Like I said this is just a test, probably will know the outcome in 2-3 days. I just didn't know about using the tank dry, I really don't want to buy the block off for it.

Thanks
Dave

Pugsy

Re: Is it necessary to have water in tank

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 am

Yes. You can leave the water chamber in and add no water.
As long as there isn't any heat going to the heater plate there's not a problem.
Heat going to an empty water chamber stinks something awful...been there and done that when the tank runs dry during the night. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

knothead

Re: Is it necessary to have water in tank

Post by knothead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:51 am

Thanks Pugsy, the weather in S Tex changes daily and certain times of the year I start this cough(usually summertime), winter seems to help. My pulmonologist said it don't matter but I want to try adding and deleting humidity to see if the cough changes either way...Thanks again.