M-Series Auto Start

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ColoZZZ

M-Series Auto Start

Post by ColoZZZ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Sometimes it starts after I put my mask on but most times it doesn't despite a couple of deep breaths to try to wake it up. Anyone else have the same experience or know how to get it to start consistently?

Thanks,

-Andy

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:22 pm

Try BLOWING into the mask 2 or 3 times.....and possibly holding a finger over the exhaust vent holes.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

NightHawkeye

Post by NightHawkeye » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Never could get my machines to reliably auto-start with a full-face mask. Seems to be a common problem with Respironics machines - just not sensitive enough to reliably work with full-face masks. The power button always worked good though.

Only problem auto-starting since I switched to nasal masks is that I wish the auto-start could be turned OFF. I'd rather turn the machine ON manually. Too many times I've reached to turn the machine on just as the auto-start kicked in, and I inadvertently ended up turning the machine OFF instead. I finally just resigned myself to letting the auto-start take control.

Regards,
Bill

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:36 pm

probably the mask you are using or if you are using an extended hose is causing the problem.

there is no way to enable/disable the autostart feature in setup (or at least I haven't seen a documented way of disabling it).

It is supposed to start up within 4 breaths. When I put on my Soyala, it starts before I can connect the lower right strap.

kered

M Series

Post by kered » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:55 pm

I've used my Pro M-Series with an Ultra Mirage II nasal mask and also the Swift and it has auto-started with no issues.

Erin_Belli

Post by Erin_Belli » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 pm

I had a problem getting my M-Series APAP to autostart, and that is without a full face mask. Then the problem just went away mysteriously. Now it autostarts after just two or three breaths. But I think the thing I'm doing differently is that I'm breathing out hard into the mask with my first couple of breaths. I'm guessing that this is triggering the autostart.
The path to Awakening lies through sleep.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:28 am

My remstar auto 'tank' auto starts when I wear the CL2 but not when I use the hybrid.

Brenda

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:59 am

Nyah, nyah. My Resmed S8 Elite's auto start works just fine. Starts every time I put my mask on. Even when I forget and push the Off button to turn my Elite off before removing my mask.

(Sorry, couldn't resist that - so many of you pick on our Resmeds!!!)

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

russpat

Post by russpat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Mine starts fine after just a couple of breaths, but I am on my second brand new machine and they both have the same problem. With the Auto OFF set to the ON position, it does not shut off. Does anyone have a problem with this?