How effective is Aussie heated hose with CL2 mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Erin_Belli

How effective is Aussie heated hose with CL2 mask?

Post by Erin_Belli » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am

The CL2 mask has about 9 inches of tubing and connectors between the main hose and the interface. So if I buy the Aussie heated hose, there will still be 9 inches of unheated conduit that the air will have to pass through. Will rainout occur in the CL2 mask, even with an Aussie heated hose? Has anyone had any experience with this?
The path to Awakening lies through sleep.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 am

I used the CL2 with the aussie hose. I have my HH on 3 and no rainout. You can also cover the hose on the mask to help keep the air warm. If I'm not mistaken Offerocker(a forum member who makes the comfortsleeve) will make a mini hose cover also. Wouldn't hurt to pm her and ask!

Brenda

Erin_Belli

Post by Erin_Belli » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:44 am

bdp522 said: I used the CL2 with the aussie hose.
Thanks for the advice. I have another question: Is the aussie hose just a heated cover that can go over any cpap hose, or does it have to be used with a special cpap hose? I couldn't figure this out by looking at the ad on Sleepzone.

SelfSeeker

Post by SelfSeeker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:58 am

Erin,

The Aussie hose has a copper wire(I think it is Cu) that is coiled around the hose. The wire heats up the hose. The wire is integrated into the hose itself. The wire has some kind of power supply to plug into an outlet.

(Make sure you get the right one depending on where you live and the type of machine you use)

My disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, nor have I ever worked in the health care field Just my personal opinions.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:03 pm

Erin. In my opinion, the worst interface for getting rainout is the Aura. And the heated hose prevents rainout with it. So, if it can cure the rainout on the Aura, it can cure the CL2 rainout also.

The heated hose is a hose with wires inside it that heat up and therefore blows warm air. It comes with a hose cover that is glued on, but to me the material is rough. So, you probably still will want to cover the heated hose for comforts sake. To prevent rainout with my beloved Aura, I have to use two more hose covers.

Most people appreciate the warm air also, especially in winter.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Oh, and I made my own "little hose cover" for the mask's hose. An athletic headband. It's usually folded-over terry cloth so it's double thickness. Cut the headband, and you have a little tube about 8 to 10" long. Voila.

tlawler

Post by tlawler » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 pm

I have a heated hose and have used both the CL 2 and the Aura. I get rainout with the Aura but not the CL 2. I had my wife make covers for the small hose parts on both of the masks except for the very end of the CL 2, but still get some rainout with the Aura.

I only use the Aura during the summer when the temperatures are higher. In the New England winters, the beadroom stays at about 62 degrees F.

Just another data point.

Tom

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:06 pm

My CL2 has the RG (cut off 90 degree fitting, modification). It has an extra 18" of hose connected to the "Aussie" hose, via a swivel.
It's all covered with one of Offherrocker's hose cover. No rain out with the CL2
and HH setting of 3 (highest). However, I can see condensation inside the
mask pillows on exhalation, that dissapears on inhalation.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): hose

People have more fun than anybody..

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:37 pm

How does removing the 90 degree fitting help or improve the interface system? What problem does it solve?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 pm

How does removing the 90 degree fitting help or improve the interface system? What problem does it solve?
1) It gives the mask the familiar Adam's Circuit feel
2) The 90 degree fitting was jamming into the headboard.
3) Before rolling over, I had to remember to "flip" the hose first.
4) I love to change things.

People have more fun than anybody..

Erin_Belli

Post by Erin_Belli » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:59 pm

Well, once again the fine folks who visit cpaptalk.com have come through. Thanks to your feedback from your own experiences, I'm reassured that the aussie heated hose will resolve my rainout problems. Thanks everyone!