new cpap m-series user

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
newty

new cpap m-series user

Post by newty » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 am

I appear to have gotten more flatulent. Also, I burp a lot. Does some of the air enter the stomach in addition to the lungs?

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 am

Aerophasia! Yes, some have trouble with air going into the stomach. Some times a pressure change helps. Do you have c-flex? What is it set on? Do you mouth breathe? What mask are you using? If you fill in your profile and give more info you'll get better help.

Brenda

Erin_Belli

Post by Erin_Belli » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:32 am

It would help to know exactly what kind of machine you're using. An auto cpap can help reduce aerophagia. You set the maximum pressure of the auto cpap to your titrated pressure, and the minimum pressure a few cm below that. Monitoring your AHI with software can help you find the safest minimum pressure without going too high on the AHI. Also, try taking Gas-X after a night where you feel real bloated. That helps a little to expel the air.
The path to Awakening lies through sleep.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:37 pm

Remember, as long as it isn't painful of uncomfortable, excessive belching or flatulence can be considered an "entertainment bonus" of xPAP use.

I have no pain and no discomfort, but I sure do enjoy the entertainment. But, I'm a single male. Women or married men with irate wives may feel differently!