Sleepyhead first use - overview of my stats

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chalkie

Sleepyhead first use - overview of my stats

Post by Chalkie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Well, Sleepyhead did work with no problems for my BiPAP machine.Image[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]

Posted here is the overview.

To my untrained eye the figures that leap out ar the AHI/HI index, which at a total of around 5 would seem to bear out the consultant's assertion that my sleep apnoea is well controlled.

However, I simply don't get the very low figures for hours of use as I wear it all night.

What do you make of the leak rate?
Is there anything I can learn anything about the pressure setting from here?

What other stats would it be useful to upload.
Attachments
Sleepyhead 1.JPG
Sleepyhead 1.JPG (147.53 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Machine: Philips Respironics BiPAP C Series.
Mask: Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask.

Pressure 12-18.

Pugsy

Re: Sleepyhead first use - overview of my stats

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Let's fix the large leak red line threshold in SleepyHead first. It says you are having massing large leaks and I am not so sure that you are.

Instead the statistic reporting the % of time in large leak is based on a ResMed calculation number and that number won't work for your Respironics machine.
Open SH and go to Preferences and then the CPAP tab. SH Defaults to a red line leak threshold of 24 L/min which is a ResMed leak number...won't work with your machine. Your red line threshold number is more like 75...so change the 24 to 75 or just turn off that statistic by removing the check mark.

Then let SleepyHead recalculate the leak rate and see what it says.

Look over at the Events graph...see the LL at the top? That's large leak. Your machine will flag times in large leak and if there aren't many or much time flagged in large leak then you aren't having a leak problem despite what SH says.
The events graph...that trumps the % of time above red line statistic.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:06 pm

You've averaging under two hours per night. You should be sleeping from seven to nine hours per night, with the machine engaged and attached the entire time.

Barring that, you should use the machine for four hours per night to be "compliant" from an insurance point of view.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 am

D.H. wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:06 pm
You've averaging under two hours per night. You should be sleeping from seven to nine hours per night, with the machine engaged and attached the entire time.

Barring that, you should use the machine for four hours per night to be "compliant" from an insurance point of view.
I will review the links above and hopefully post a more readable image.

I simply don't understand why my average time is so low, however. Most nights the machine is switched on continuously for at least 8-9 hours. Worried about this. What's going on?

Pressure 12-18.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am

If you're reading your results after noon time for the previous night's sleep, you won't get a proper report as machines usually run from noon to noon (whatever the reason), so yours is likely only reporting the time from noon to whenever afterward that you read it... i.e. 2 hrs (at 2 pm). Read results prior to noon for more accurate reports.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:15 am

I think I know why the the machine is reporting the wrong hours of use or at least SleepyHead is reporting the wrong hours of use.

I think it's your machine and SleepyHead not playing nice together. You are using a machine that the developer of SH didn't have a chance to actually work with the data from that type of machine and this has happened with other high end specialty machines.
SleepyHead reports weird stuff.

Do you have a Windows computer?

Do you know how to zip/compress an entire SD card and send it via email?

I think you need Encore Pro but it's a PITA to install and use and Windows only.....and I didn't want you to have to go to all the trouble to install it and my idea be wrong.
If you can email me that zipped copy of the SD card I can put it on a SD card and use my Encore software and see what's going on.
Send me a private message and I will in turn let you know where to send the zipped SD card.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ajack

Post by ajack » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:20 am

Who is setting this machine up for you? It seems you have an AVAPS machine. You should have had a sleep study and the machine titrated for you.
If you have just bought the machine and are setting it up yourself, I would suggest using the default settings for now and use your cpap pressure minus 2, for the min epap. You are going to need to get some charts posted.
page 18
https://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/10 ... fGuide.pdf

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 am

Puggsy - I have made the tweaks to SH settings you suggest.
Julie wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm
Too small to read it...

Follow these instructions on posting -

https://sleep.tnet.com/sleepyhead
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
Julie thanks for the links. Please note first link is broken.

Pugsy - I have tweaked the SH settings as you suggest and sent you a PM.

ajack - I have an NHS-issue machine. I have had sleep studies - including inpatient - and it is set up by the nurse who deals with BiPAP at the hospital.
It is locked.

PR recall the SD card for review periodically. It occurs to me that the settings have not been changed for years and may need to be reviewed. I am going to ask PR about this next week.

Pressure 12-18.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:30 am

Chalkie wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 am
Pugsy - I have tweaked the SH settings as you suggest and sent you a PM.
I didn't get a PM from you yet but I just sent you one.

And yes...yours is a very special machine and if the NHS supplied you with that machine then there must be a darn good reason for it because they don't hand those out unless someone really needs it due to cost. The NHS normally only dispenses the very basic machine that a person can get by with. There must be something special going on with you for you to need this special machine.

It's so special that I don't think SleepyHead is playing nice with it. :lol: :lol: A bit of an incompatibility issue probably.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:31 am

Well SleepyHead is having a problem with the data from this special machine.
It's not grabbing all the sessions. Apparently just grabbing one per night and reporting that as total usage for a night and since there are multiple sessions happening there is a small problem. It's accurate for the session in what it is reporting but it's missing some of the sessions.

I figured this out by running the SD card contents through my Encore Pro software and comparing it with SleepyHead software.

SleepyHead simply isn't playing nice with the data from this machine.

I suggest that you get Encore Pro if you want more complete details...and I suggest that you get that data if possible because from what I saw on the Encore reports your therapy isn't optimal.
Encore is Windows only though...and you can go here and register and then log in and search for Encore Pro download you will find a post how to request that software.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual
If you can't find it...let me know and I will see if I can locate the email I got a while back that gave me the link.
You will need Encore Pro....Encore Basic won't work with your machine.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks Pugsy for your the information, and your messages.

I have used Emcore |pro before and have a copy on back up disk but it's for Win XP...so I will have another go as I am now on Wndows 7.

Pressure 12-18.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 am

Chalkie wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:09 am
I have used Emcore |pro before and have a copy on back up disk but it's for Win XP...so I will have another go as I am now on Wndows 7.
If it's a very old version of Encore Pro it probably was before the release of your model machine and thus not compatible.
Not so much because of the XP vs Windows thing but because the software probably doesn't support the newer machine. If you have an XP version then it is probably an old version.
You could try it and see but I am betting you need the latest version.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 am

I did try it and it didn't work.

I will get on with installing the newest version when workload permits.

I am intrigued to see the data over a longer period.

Pressure 12-18.