New xPAP side effect

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
loggerhead12

New xPAP side effect

Post by loggerhead12 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Much like Bruce Willis saw dead people, I see sleep apnea sufferers.

I'm stuck in a meeting room with 50 people for three days. By day two I can easily identify the six people who wear headgear at night from the strap marks on their upper cheeks. I had lunch with two business associates, one of whom clearly had mask lines.

It seems strange that I've missed something so obvious for so many years. And now I can't stop seeing them.

Arlene1963

Re: New xPAP side effect

Post by Arlene1963 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:55 pm

That's hilarious. Now I'm going to be looking out for them too.

I got obsessed last year with checking people's earlobes for what is known as "Frank's sign". I hadn't heard about this before, and someone told me and before you knew it I found myself staring at earlobes .... I'm pretty sure I freaked out a few folks. I couldn't stop seeing them once my eyes were "opened".

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Yes, I've found myself doing the same thing, noticing not only the creases across the face, but also in people's hair, especially on the back of the head on men with short hair.

P.S. I had to look up Frank's sign, now I'll be looking for it too!
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:08 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:
P.S. I had to look up Frank's sign, now I'll be looking for it too!
I warn you it is a slippery slope and before long you might find yourself on Google Images using the zoom feature to check out famous people and their earlobes.

David Beckham has a clear Frank sign, I wonder if he knows. Now Donald Trump doesn't, but I suspect cosmetic surgery ...

Oh and a tip, if someone is wearing earrings you might have to admire their earrings and claim to think them very lovely in order to eyeball the earlobe closely. That's what I did. But I also happen to like jewelry so it was good all round ....

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:40 pm

ImRealPleezApproveMe wrote:Much like Bruce Willis saw dead people, I see sleep apnea sufferers.

I'm stuck in a meeting room with 50 people for three days. By day two I can easily identify the six people who wear headgear at night from the strap marks on their upper cheeks. I had lunch with two business associates, one of whom clearly had mask lines.

It seems strange that I've missed something so obvious for so many years. And now I can't stop seeing them.
If you look closely you can see their eyes are no longer gray and dead too. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Arlene1963 wrote:
I got obsessed last year with checking people's earlobes for what is known as "Frank's sign".

Okay... so I ran right to the mirror! I don't have the obvious crease but my "lobes" are definitely wrinkled. Gee thanks... something else to worry about. I may have to buy bigger earrings to try to cover them.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm

I have grown less interested in mirrors.
"Who is that old thing in the mirror above the sink anyway?"
I remember a fresher, cuter face . . .
I can brush my teeth from memory.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot guys for bursting my bubble that maybe the handsome guy in the grocery store was eyeballing me because I was so beautiful and instead he was looking to see if I had Frank ears or cpap strap dents.
I am totally crushed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm

It's much more lilkely that they're looking for that on me now that if I had not used CPAP.

How do I know that? Simple, had I not been on CPAP I'd have been dead for a while now, and short of digging up my grave, there would be nothing to look at!

OboeVet

Post by OboeVet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 pm

ImRealPleezApproveMe wrote:Much like Bruce Willis saw dead people, I see sleep apnea sufferers.

I actually meet 3 or 4 XPAP users who don't have mask tracks for every 1 that does. At first, I did too. But after pressure reductions and changing masks, it is a rare morning I have pressure marks now. Depends on if I am sleeping on my side, pressing on the mask.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Being aware can provide an opportunity for communication... Or get your face slapped.

AMK

Post by AMK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 pm

I'm heartened to know that maybe the non-hoseheads aren't noticing my mask lines. As for being ID'd by the hoseheads, I'm ok with that. We need a secret signal to use in public.

SBarrett

Post by SBarrett » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Bruce Willis reference:

Laughed at this. I have to wear a chin strap and am acutely aware of dent marks on my cheeks in the morning. :-}
Am getting a brand new style by mail tomorrow. Almost certain there will be no more marks.

Additional Comments: Recall replacement: Presets: Ramp 5/14 Night 1--OK. Night 2 (1/10/23)--difficult--Ramp 5 feels very different with new setup

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 pm

AMK wrote: As for being ID'd by the hoseheads, I'm ok with that. We need a secret signal to use in public.
Yes! Suggestions, anyone?
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:27 am

Bertha deBlues wrote:
AMK wrote: As for being ID'd by the hoseheads, I'm ok with that. We need a secret signal to use in public.
Yes! Suggestions, anyone?

How about... hey, you there - >breath in, breath out<. Welll, it was a little funny.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10