SleepyHead vs. ResMed MyAir Results

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JIMCHI

SleepyHead vs. ResMed MyAir Results

Post by JIMCHI » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 pm

I am using a Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV machine and an AirFit P10 mask I am monitoring my performance using both SleepyHead and Resmed's MyAir. MyAir does not give the detail that SleepyHead does, but both give me information about leaks. SleepyHead gives specific data while MyAir says either the mask fit is "good" or "adjust". But the results between the two don't always seem to coincide. For example, last night SleepHead shows the following:
Avg. Leak Rate 6.03
90% Leak Rate 19.20
Large Leak 6.86% of the night
Leak Rate: Min: 0 Med: 1.2 95%: 27.60 Max: 72
I consider have a large leak for only 6.86% of the night to be very good

MyAir is showing "adjust" and the only data it shows is 26/lpm.

Other times I have absolutely the opposite. SleepyHead may show I had large leaks for say 20% of the night, but MyAir shows a "good" mask seal.

Any thoughts as what appear to be discrepancies between SleepyHead's results - which would suggest I did OK last night- vs. MyAir which indicates I didn't.

In all cases my AHI is less than 1.0 and I feel rested.

Resmed AirFit P10 w/large pillows

Julie

Re: SleepyHead vs. ResMed MyAir Results

Post by Julie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:35 am

My Air is not good for much and Sleepyhead is terrific - use it and it alone... less confusion and much better info.

TASmart

Re: SleepyHead vs. ResMed MyAir Results

Post by TASmart » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 pm

believe the myair leak rate is the 95% number. They only recently started using this number and changed the way they accumulate the score. At least now you do not get penalized if you take the mask off once during the last 24 hour period. My read on myair is that it is a tool to promote use, not to dial in the settings. Remember that the industry does not like users setting their own pressures, that's a "prescription" item. Sleepyhead really allows us to optimize out treatment. In my case, from running an AHI of 3-5 and an RDI of 5-7 with my prescribed settings, I now run less than 1.0 with no RERA using my own settings that I optimized through using Sleepyhead. I still look at my data on myair, mostly because it's there.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very