Changed Settings- Questions re: Graphs

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Paper_Nanny

Changed Settings- Questions re: Graphs

Post by Paper_Nanny » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:59 pm

The results of a recent sleep study showed that my sleep breathing looked better with CPAP with a pressure of 5, rather than using the BiPAP ASV I have been using. I changed the settings on my machine and had a question about the graphs.

1. The "Mask Pressure" graph... Some nights the graph is blank and some nights it is a dashed line at 5. It doesn't seem to correlate with what the information above the graph says the pressure is.

8/28 MP is 0, graph is blank.
8/29 MP is 5, graph is -----.
8/30 MP is 0, graph is ----.
8/31 MP is 0, graph is blank.

Why the inconsistency?

2. The "Expiration Time" and "Inspiration Time" graphs are still there and look the same. The "Tidal Volume", "Minute Vent" and "Respiration Rate" graphs show either nothing or a line showing about 10 seconds of data when the machine is first turned on and then nothing. Why is that?

Please let me know if screen shots of anything would be helpful.
Thank you in advance for any clarification anyone can provide.

PR System One BiPAP Auto SV Advanced

Pugsy

Re: Changed Settings- Questions re: Graphs

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Which model ASV....950 or 860?
Are you talking about SleepyHead software? If so, which version?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 am

Machine is a 950. SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2.

Something else that has been happening is that SleepyHead is not showing the entire time that I was using my machine. At first, I thought maybe I was turning the machine off or incorrectly remembering when I turned it off in the morning. Last night, I made sure that was not the case. Last night, SleepyHead said I turned my machine on for the night at 00:42:48, which is correct. It said I turned my machine off at 06:33:41, which is not correct. I actually turned it off around 8:30 or so.

The other nights are similar, with SleepyHead showing that I turned the machine off much earlier than I really did. On several nights, I got up to use the bathroom. SleepyHead shows a break of several hours, instead of the five minutes that it typically takes me to make that trip. I can post specifics if that would be helpful.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Anyway you can get a hold of Encore software and see if the same problem shows up on Encore?
I don't know if it is SleepyHead acting up or your machine or maybe the SD card.

Some things to try...
Get a new SD card...
Create a new user profile in SH with the new card and also try it with the old card.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Pugsy wrote:Anyway you can get a hold of Encore software and see if the same problem shows up on Encore?
I am going in to see the RT who works for the DME place on Monday. I am hoping that goes okay. When I talked to her on the phone, she sounded like someone who would prefer to give me my AHI and be done with me.
I don't know if it is SleepyHead acting up or your machine or maybe the SD card.
I did look at the seven day average AHI displayed on the machine. That says I have had an AHI of 15.9, which is a little different than the zero that comes up on the SleepyHead information!
Some things to try...
Get a new SD card...
Create a new user profile in SH with the new card and also try it with the old card.
Mix and match all the combinations of old/ new card and old/ new profile. No difference between any of them.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling SleepyHead make any difference? I am not sure if that is a logical step to take or not.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 pm

SleepyHead may not be playing nice with your machine.
Paper_Nanny wrote:I did look at the seven day average AHI displayed on the machine. That says I have had an AHI of 15.9, which is a little different than the zero that comes up on the SleepyHead information!
Obviously SleepyHead is wrong and it very well could be an incompatibility issue of some sort.

I have Encore Pro...it will work with your machine but I would need a copy of the entire SD card contents so that I can make a mirror copy of the SD card and use it with my Encore. It has to be an exact mirror copy. Encore won't let me point to anything but a SD card.
Would you know what to do to zip/compress the entire contents of the P-Series main folder on your SD card?
If you can get me a zipped copy of your SD card...I can get you an Encore report.
Send me a private message if you want to try it.