Deciding between Z1 Auto and Transcend Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mr_sparkles

Deciding between Z1 Auto and Transcend Auto

Post by mr_sparkles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm ready to buy a new travel CPAP and have narrowed it down to two: The Z1 Auto and the Transcend Auto. I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two after reading a lot of the reviews at CPAP.com. Feal free to push me in one direction or the other.

Thanks

Julie

Re: Deciding between Z1 Auto and Transcend Auto

Post by Julie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Well what features are important to you?

mr_sparkles

Post by mr_sparkles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Julie wrote:Well what features are important to you?
Well the features of the two are pretty darn close I think and that's why I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

I don't' really need a humidifier, so I could go with the Z1 since it isn't an option anyway.
I'd like an iPhone app which the Z1 provides. I don't think Transcend has that.
Maybe the only negative to the Z1 is that it's more expensive than the Transcend, but only by $50 so that's not bad.

I don't have either so I can't say one is noisier than the other, but I think they are both rated about the same.

I'm just really looking for some user experiences here.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:54 pm

I have both.......

The Transcend breathes better and is less noisy by a moderate degree. The Transcend has to be connected to a PC in order to set or change settings such as pressure, whereas the Z1 has buttons on the device and does not require a PC connection to set up or change settings.

The shape of the Transcend derives from its initial design to fit on top of your head, hence the curvature of the unit, the Z1 is slightly smaller and a better, flatter shape for packing.

Bottom line: Transcend wins in terms of breathing smoothness and breathing comfort, but the Z1 is a better form for packing and controlling the settings from the unit, however the Z1 has considerably more of the "Darth Vader" breathing noise which is really, really annoying and the Z1 is somewhat more difficult to get your breathing settled down so that you aren't fighting the machine during the inhale, exhale cycle.

I now use the AirMini as it beats both the Z1 and Transcend in all respects mentioned above, I have modified the F20 hose so that I can use any mask instead of being locked into a ResMed mask and although the the AirMini is comnsiderably more expensive it is a superior product in this category. See my post further down titled "Use Any Mask with your AirMini"

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:57 pm

mr_sparkles wrote:I'm ready to buy a new travel CPAP and have narrowed it down to two: The Z1 Auto and the Transcend Auto. I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two after reading a lot of the reviews at CPAP com. Feal free to push me in one direction or the other.

Thanks
Which make/model are you using now?