Fullface mask search..comparing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needingu

Fullface mask search..comparing

Post by needingu » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 am

I have a nasal mask I am satisfied with but the FF is another story. I have the Ultra Mirage FF, small, due to leaks has to be tightened so tight that my eyelids are swollen and my face(thought my kidneys failed) used it 2 months.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to a full face petite mask?
I'm looking at HansRandolph 7600...What say you? I value you opinions.

Last edited by needingu on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:55 am

do a Search for HansRandolph 7600, you should find plenty of comments on it, don't ignore the ones from those wanting to trade or sell it, many times you find the problems.

so hard to read 1 review and come to the conclusion that xyz mask is the best.

probably your biggest challenge will be finding the smaller size, most full face masks are not made small enough to even come close to a petite size, but maybe HR has one.

I've wasted a lot of money trying different masks over the years, the Resmed UMFF remains the quietest best sealing mask I've used. It has never left a mark on my nose and not impossible to make it seal. I know Resmed is pretty much despised here but their UMFF remains the best FF in my opinion.

Respironics has tried to challenge the UMFF but have a long way to go, it is not as comfortable, leaks more and is noisy by comparison.

needingu

Post by needingu » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:33 am

: oops: I stated CL2 in my post, it was Ultra Mirage FF which made the marks. I have a CL2 Just tried on once ( its in the throw away drawer), the Mirage swift nasal, UMFF ,wore 2 months and I now use the Comfortgel Nasal. Which is 4 masks. I want to get down to 2.

Last edited by needingu on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

ThunderSnorem

Post by ThunderSnorem » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:40 am

I've tried the UMFF mask, and at a pressure of 14cm and my facial structure, it just would not work, it flopped all over the place, even when tightened down severely.

I figured the most different mask from the UMFF was the HR 7600, so I bought one recently. For me, it works fairly well. It needs to be snug, but I don't have to tighten it nearly as much as the UMFF.

I compare the HR FF mask to a silicone paint repirator you can find in the home centers. It is very similar. IF you do try the HR, get the calipers from HR, and pick the smaller mask if you are on the border of two sizes. The top of the nose area MUST be down your nose 1-2 cm. This mask seems to have a tendency to leak in the top of the nose area before any other area, and if the mask rides too high, it WILL leak.

Of course everyone is different, and that makes mask selection tough. But this one does work for me, where the UMFF would not. Hopefully this info helps you in your mask search.

John

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:04 pm

needingu wrote::oops: I put CL2 it is Ultra Mirage FF which made the marks. I have a CL2 Just tried on once ( its in the throw away drawer), the Mirage swift nasal, and I wear the Comfortgel Nasal. Which is 4 masks
yep, even the smallest UMFF was probably too large for you, reason it may have leaked so bad in the eyes and left marks on nose bridge area. You cannot over tighten the straps with UMFF if you do it crushes the cushion leaving a crease or wrinkle in the cushion where it leaks even worse.

If you take your index finger and thumb and go from the center of your pupils of the eye to the center of the chin, that is the distance you need on the cushion for the UMFF. If the mask is too small it will ride down lower on the nose if too large it will ride up higher. If it fits you properly it won't ride up or down.

You may have to resort to tape and using a nasal mask. I stopped counting the # of masks I've gone through but I also have a ComfortGel the improved one, it seals pretty good for me but is noisy.

Maybe you need to look at "other" masks like at cpap.com such as the Somnotech:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Soyala ... dgear.html

Another one to consider is the new F&P 432, I'm reading it has a tendency to run smaller in size, it has gotten mixed reviews here. I would contact the seller for a sizing template before buying any FF mask, sizing is critical to its success and they are expensive.