Hans Rudolph 7600

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CSA0890

Hans Rudolph 7600

Post by CSA0890 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:10 am

I was wondering what everybody thought of the HR7600. I'm really hung up right now on what mask I want to get. What I'm looking for in a mask are:
1) Stability
2) Comfort
3) Leakage
4) Noise
I'm leaning towards a full face mask to make sure if I mouth breathe at night it will be taken care of. And I like the 7600 because it looks like it's made to last, being made out of a single piece of silicone. Does anyone have expierence with this mask? I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on another FF that they are fond of.
Thanks

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:21 am

CSA, I've only ever seen one poster...one...say they liked a HansRudolph mask. If you search for posts by Severeena, you'll find good info on it, if that's the mask you want to explore.

I'd suggest something a bit more popular with the users, here - the Ultra Mirage Full Face mask. IMHO, it's the best out there, though there's a big following for the F&P 431 as well.

The "new kid on the market" is the hybrid, which about 50% of its users hate, and the other 50% adore.

Good luck!

Machine: M-Series Auto
Mask: Headrest
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:39 am

I haven't read a lot of postive reviews of that mask, everything I read was it leaked like crazy and it was noisy, Julie or seerena seemed to like it.

One other one I read about the other day was the Full Face by Tiara, it doesn't have a pivot for the forehead support and no quick-releases up top, but the quick-releases on the bottom are supposed be the best (why they didn't include 4ea of those clips I don't know). As I recall it sealed good and was fairly quiet.

Price is not bad at $119, but keep in mind it isn't until you read several reviews do you get an idea how good a mask is. I find you need to read one with similar pressures as yours.

Here is the Tiara:

rbv24

Post by rbv24 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:34 am

I have been using the HR 7600 for about a year now and I love it. I was using the UMFF but got tired of getting the bridge of my nose chewed up and the horrible leaks.

Yes the initial cost of the mask may seem high but when you factor in the replacement cost of the seal it was well worth it (I was replacing the mask seal every couple of months trying to control the leaks).

If you do decide on this mask make sure to use the HR caliper to measure your face for the correct size and to get the V-Foam headgear.

ThunderSnorem

Post by ThunderSnorem » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:26 am

Hi CSA,

I've only tried two FF masks, the Ultra Mirage FF and the HR 7600.
For me, the UMFF flapped and leaked terribly, it was not usable.

I bought the HR FF as a backup to my Activa for when I have allergies/cold.

The HR FF is sturdy, and much like the cartridge paint respirators you see at the home center stores. I knew they fit me well, so I tried the HR 7600.

For me, the mask works. I wish the silicone was softer in the nose area, not for comfort, but so that it sealed better. The mask seals well, but if I move around at night, the nose area is first to leak. The main thing is that the mask must not contact your nose at the top, but must ride down a cm or 2. That's why they recommend if you are on the cusp of two sizes, to take the smaller of the two. I usually where large everything, but the caliper showed I was right between medium and large, so I ordered medium. It was the right choice for me. All in all it works, and does not flap around. I still prefer my activa and that is my main mask.

My pressure is 14 CM at straight CPAP with EPR.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:56 am

do a Search at the top for HR 7600 you will get better results, most reports it leaks like sieve.

CSA0890

Post by CSA0890 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:29 pm

Thanks for everyones' reply I'm trying to get an idea of what masks I should try. Does anyone know how long after a titration study that you actually receive your CPAP equipment? Im asking because it's scheduled for tonight!!!

needingu

Post by needingu » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:52 pm

I suggest you consider your size when getting a mask. If you are Petite, Med. or large . It can make all the difference..The UMFF in a small is still too large for me, whereas, a Comfortgel Nasal in the petite is a very comfortable.

kreesti

It could work... but they're coming out with a new mask, too

Post by kreesti » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:56 pm

I tried the 7600 in a large - old mask was medium shallow ultra mirage ffm... Though the info from Hans Rudolph says you should measure at a smaller size (or the same size), I measured into a large, and when I tried the medium at the office, I felt that it would pinch my nose enough to inhibit breathing through nose.

I tried the large and wound up making several modifications. After talking to Casey at HRC we decided I probably needed the medium mask. To get the large not to leak, I had it plastered to my face such that I woke up with undereye bags like I have never seen (and hope not to see for at least a few more years!!!!)

That said, Casey said that Hans Rudoplh is coming out with a new mask that has a softer seal etc, and which he said addresses many of my concerns.

I am now in a hybrid (no leaks, but what a pain in terms of the headgear!!!

Next mask will probably be a flexifit 432 or 431, for a try...

if those aren't "ideal" then I will probably try the new HRC mask when it comes out.

HRC is a small company and I got great personal service... just had troubles with the mask...

nomad

Post by nomad » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:42 pm

A few months ago, HR sent me an experimental headgear they wanted me to evaluate for them on the 7600. It was definitely more comfy than the fish net, but still allowed the mask to leak around my nose and into my eyes. I sent a drawing back to them of what I thought they should do to the headgear to make it better. I'll be interested to see if they do anything I suggested in the next version. If so, I'd better get a big fat royalty check...

Anyway, I really do hope it works out for you if that's the route you take. For me though, the 7600 was just a leaker (both a small and a medium... I was kind of in between), even with 3 different sets of headgear.

CSA0890

Post by CSA0890 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:10 am

I got my final sleep study done last night. I am going to be picking up my CPAP and equipment within the next couple of days. Last night I used the CPAP for the very first time and whoa that was not what I expeted it to be like. On my first sleep study I only got 1 1/2 hours of REM without CPAP where as last night I got 4 hours out of 5 of sleep was REM with the CPAP. . I used the Swift pillow system first and couldn't stand it, then they had me use the Profile Lite which was much better, but still was uncomfortable because when I lay down I typically mouth breathe. So they had me use the Ultra Mirage II FF which was far better, although it leaked quite a bit when I would roll on my side.

Vader

Post by Vader » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:34 am

CSA0890 wrote: So they had me use the Ultra Mirage II FF which was far better, although it leaked quite a bit when I would roll on my side.
I don't know about the Ultra Mirage II FF, but The "Ultra Mirage" is supposed to be somewhat of an improvement of it.
I have had great results with the Ultra Mirage, and leakage can be minimized if you wash your mask daily, and of course wash your face at night.

I'm a side sleeper and it works for me. Also, It is the quietest FF that I've tried.

Vader

KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 pm

I've found that the ComfortFull 2 mask works good for side sleeping. I've had some leaks, but not on a nightly basis. (Although now I've been using my ComfortCurve as my primary interface.)

Kimberly