Is there are full face mask that "seals" like Activa does

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrammell

Is there are full face mask that "seals" like Activa does

Post by mrammell » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:32 pm

I've tried several full faced masks over the years but they simply don't seal or "glob on" like my trusty old Resmed Activa does. I hate things touching my nares/nostrils. Are there any newer full faced masks that are as big and as supple and seals as well as the nasal Activa? Thanks

LSAT

Re: Is there are full face mask that "seals" like Activa does

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:49 pm

All FF Masks seal or they would not be sold. They seal better on some people than on others. It's a matter of trying them to see how well they work for you.

mrammell

Post by mrammell » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Well I suppose "sealing" is pretty subjective but I've owned several nasal masks as well and the Activa simply seals better for me and I've read others who feel the same. I was just curious if a newer model full face mask had similar characteristics of the Activa?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:05 pm

There have been quite a few new nasal cushion mask models released since the Activa was first released.
More and more they seem to be going with a minimalistic approach to the cushion as well as the headgear and losing the forehead support.
Have you looked at what is currently offered?
https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks/nasal-cpap-mask.php

One man's trash is another man's treasure. You are just going to have to try something to see how well you might like it or not.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:10 am

I, too am a loyal Activa user, and a searcher - nothing I have found works as well, but haven't tried the FF masks.

mrammell

Post by mrammell » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

As you are I'm a loyal Activa user for over ten (10) years. But I have tried several full face masks and none seal like the Activa does. I'm not looking for a different nasal mask just a FFM for when I get a cold. Have surgery. Etc. none seem to have the real supple, deep, quick sealing cushion the Activa seems to. thanks

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I have never tried the Activa because I am a mouth breather. I have tried the new Resmed F20 mask which I think has a deep, soft cushion. It is the only mask other that the Amara View I would consider using. I had one I was going to use, but my wife decided she liked it more than I did, so she is using it, now. I have another one coming in the next couple of days, and I will give it a longer trial. I only used it one night the last time.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

lc96

Post by lc96 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:05 pm

I was also a long time Activa nasal user. Needed a back up full mask for congested times. Neither the Quattro or the Simplus FFM worked at all, no grabbing to my face, as you put it. The Amara View has worked the best as my back up. It did take some fiddling, and reading in here that it actually needs to be looser than one might think.

My sleep doc recommended Flonase and no longer consider myself a mouth breather. So my favorite nasal mask now is the FP Eson. Very light and minimal, but the silicon doesn't leak at all, and grabs!

Airsense 11 Autoset Cpap
Resmed Airfit N20 and F30

mrammell

Post by mrammell » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Good to know. Thank you