How to determine number of hours Bipap has been used?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Louanna

How to determine number of hours Bipap has been used?

Post by Louanna » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

My husband passed away and I need to do something with his ResMed AirCurve 10ST. I know nothing about the machine except how to turn it on. I have inquired a couple of places whether it is feasible to sell it or donate it, and it seems each place wants to know how many hours the machine was used. How can I determine that? I also have 4 unused Fisher & Paykel Simplus Full Face Masks in Large size. Is there some place that I could dispose of them also? Thanks for your help.

springman946

Re: How to determine number of hours Bipap has been used?

Post by springman946 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:46 pm

in the my options window scroll down to where it says sleep report click I on it and you will see a whole list of stuff like events per hour usage per hour how well yu mask seal was that is indicated by the smiley face for a good seal or a frowning face for a not so good seal if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the information you should see the number of hours that the machine has been used hope this helps

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Sorry about your loss.
They do not want usage hours because it can be reset. People want to know Run hours which cannot be reset.
Accessing and exiting the Clinical Menu

You can access, view and set parameters relating to a patient's therapy and device configuration in
the Clinical Menu.
To access the Clinical Menu:

 Press and hold the dial and the Home button for three seconds.

The Home screen is displayed with an unlock icon in the top right corner of the screen

In the settings menu go to the About selection and push to select.

That will give you a screen with the Run Hours.
Take a picture of that because that is what people want to know because it cannot be changed but usage hours
can be changed.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Also I wanted to say that your machine is the latest model line so it does have value. It is a Bilevel with a back up breathing rate. Check out Secondwindcpap.com they buy machines and if you want to sell it yourself it will give you an idea of what price you can ask. It would need to be lower than their asking price because they check the machines and provide a short warranty. Also check out CraigsList listings. You can use a national search such as http://www.searchtempest.com/
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Louanna

Post by Louanna » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for helping me out on how to find the hours of usage. It shows that it has been used 2045 hours. Is that a lot of hours? I am not familiar with the lifetime of this machine based on hours of usage. I checked the date when they brought out the replacement machine and we actually had it only about four months. So it seems the usage of hours of 2045 is high, so it could have possibly been used when they exchanged machines. I remember questioning the medical supply company about if it was a used machine, and they said it was brand new. It is a very clean machine and has an almost brand new water container, so it would make someone a good machine.

by Louanna
on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)
Topic: Questions about my condition/equipment to buy PLEASE HELP!!
Replies: 10
Views: 254

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 pm

That would be about 8 or 9 months of use. The machines are generally considered to operate for five years.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Louanna wrote:Thanks for helping me out on how to find the hours of usage. It shows that it has been used 2045 hours. Is that a lot of hours? I am not familiar with the lifetime of this machine based on hours of usage. I checked the date when they brought out the replacement machine and we actually had it only about four months. So it seems the usage of hours of 2045 is high, so it could have possibly been used when they exchanged machines. I remember questioning the medical supply company about if it was a used machine, and they said it was brand new. It is a very clean machine and has an almost brand new water container, so it would make someone a good machine.

by Louanna
on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)
Topic: Questions about my condition/equipment to buy PLEASE HELP!!
Replies: 10
Views: 254
I'm not totally familiar with the ResMed machines (other than reading about them on the forum) but as I understand it, the "cool down" time when it's turned off is still counted in the total hours used ( "Run hours" ). So, it can seem to be an exaggerated number. I can't tell you if that's high or not.
If it had been used a total of four months and the average monthly usage was around 250 hours (keeping it in round figures), that would be about 1000 hours of "user" ( therapy ) hours. So, it might not be an excessive number you're seeing.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Louanna wrote:Thanks for helping me out on how to find the hours of usage. It shows that it has been used 2045 hours. Is that a lot of hours?
Secondwind Cpap.com buys used machines but normally limits them to 2000 Hours or less.
Your Pretty close to that and I suggest you fill out their sales form and see what they say.
That will give you an Idea of How much they will pay and they also cover the shipping cost to them.
http://www.secondwindcpap.com/form.php

I have sold them Two machines so far and they are honest and really easy to work with.
Once you have their price you could attempt to sell it on your own for more to a private party.
It's more work and risk involved as you have to deal with Payment and shipping on your own.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:28 am

Most likely they gave you a used machine. Unless your husband slept for extremely prolonged periods of time wearing the mask.
Even at 10 hours a night for 4 months...that's roughly 1200 hours.
Anyway...it is what it is and it affects the value of the machine somewhat but not horribly.

See of secondwindcpap.com would be interested...they may not because 2000 hours is their published cut off line.
You are very close and the machine is a high end machine so they might make an exception.

I wish it was the ASV and not the ST....I would like to have a newer ASV but I don't think the ST model will do what I want. It's really for some very special situations.

You could probably sell the masks if they haven't been opened. You could post a little ad for the masks here on the forum and even the machine if you want to sell it here.

If you can't sell the masks at all and would be willing to donate them to get them out of your house...I take masks donations and I put them in a storage box and I give them away to people in need. So that's an option if you can't get them sold.

If they were masks that I use I would buy them but I don't do full face masks at all.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:21 pm

I am sorry for your loss.

Louanna

Post by Louanna » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful comments. I have sent an E-Mail to the Second Wind website one of you suggested, so I will wait until Monday to see if they will accept the machine and possibly the masks. If not, I will take a picture of all of it and maybe place it on here to see if anyone would desire to purchase them. I am really not after a lot of money, actually probably would sell them for less than they are worth just to get them in the hands of people who can use them. I need to get the things out of my house that bring back painful memories to me. My husband just detested the bipap machine, but I could tell he felt better and had better memory on the days after he wore the machine for at least 6 hours. Now I feel guilty some days when I remember how I insisted that he wear it. I did my best to improve the quality of his life, and I think that the bipap did that. Again, thanks for your help.

Louanna

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:18 pm

If anyone has an older apap machine, those are the ones needed by free clinics for the destitute and homeless.
You can save a life, and make space in your closet.

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Pugsy wrote: I wish it was the ASV and not the ST....I would like to have a newer ASV but I don't think the ST model will do what I want. It's really for some very special situations.
Is the ResMed AirCurve 10ST just a Non-Auto Bi-pap?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:00 pm

jtravel wrote:
Pugsy wrote: I wish it was the ASV and not the ST....I would like to have a newer ASV but I don't think the ST model will do what I want. It's really for some very special situations.
Is the ResMed AirCurve 10ST just a Non-Auto Bi-pap?
no. look it up and read about it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Louanna

Post by Louanna » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Jtravel, I don't know the answer to your question. I am not very tech savvy and I knew only how to turn it on and clean it when necessary. My husband had central sleep apnea and apparently his brain would not give the signal to his lungs to breathe, as far as I understand it. He had a pretty severe case with stoppages sometimes 25 to 30 times an hour. This machine is in excellent condition as far as no smells, no smudges, we always kept it very clean and always used distilled water. If I am unable to sell it for a nominal amount, I would consider donating it. My expenses over the past year have been extremely high, and my income has been cut in half as far as Social Security, so I do want to try to get a little money from it.