DreamMapper software info question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleep2Dream

DreamMapper software info question

Post by Sleep2Dream » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:35 am

What exactly is a "disconnect?" My mask fit info always shows no leaks, large or small, but a lot of disconnects. At first, I assumed that was when I was turning off the machine to get up at night, but sometimes the number of disconnects is way, way larger than the small number of times I got out of bed. So I'm wondering what defines a disconnect and how it is measured. Thanks!
Mask: ResMed N30i Nasal Cushion
Home Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Travel Machine: Z2 Auto

Pugsy

Re: DreamMapper software info question

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 am

Turning off after turning on will get flagged as a disconnect.
The machine stopping on it's own in the presence of a large leak (when auto off is on) will get a disconnect.
If you are for sure getting disconnects noted when the machine wasn't turned off or didn't turn itself off because of leak then you may be experiencing the multiple session bug which has showed up on a very small number of Respironics machines.
Might think about using the real software like SleepyHead to see for sure if the sleep sessions are fragmented for real or not.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 am

I would get SleepyHead and see if those sessions are due to a machine bug. And if they are, your DME would already have the evidence since DreamMapper is showing them. If that is the case I would return the machine for a new one.
Learn how to download SleepyHead here. https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Sleep2Dream

Post by Sleep2Dream » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:46 am

Thanks, all. I did download SleepyHead a while ago, but got lazy about the whole transfer-via-SD thing. My laptop only has a microSD slot, so I have to get an adapter. I guess it makes sense to do so. There's no way to transfer the info from the Dreamstation to my laptop via Bluetooth, right?
Mask: ResMed N30i Nasal Cushion
Home Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Travel Machine: Z2 Auto

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 am

Sleep2Dream wrote:Thanks, all. I did download SleepyHead a while ago, but got lazy about the whole transfer-via-SD thing. My laptop only has a microSD slot, so I have to get an adapter. I guess it makes sense to do so. There's no way to transfer the info from the Dreamstation to my laptop via Bluetooth, right?
Not that I'm aware of. PR does have the Dreammaper app for tablets and phones that pulls data via Bluetooth, but it's extremely simplistic. It just shows compliance, leak summary and AHI - all things you can get from via the machine lcd interface. SH pulls detailed data from the SD card, and that's what we need here.

You may well have the same issue I have with my Dreamstation - multiple sessions per night (8-10 for me) despite no power cycling of the machine. This is probably a bug in the software and/or a problem with a power quality sensor. For me, it seems harmless, but we should look at your data to see what impact it might be having for you , if any.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 am

Sleep2Dream wrote:There's no way to transfer the info from the Dreamstation to my laptop via Bluetooth, right?
Not that I am aware of but you might be able to do it with one of those special WiFi card.
See what is said at the bottom of the page here.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment
Transfer data from cpap machine....

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:21 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sleep2Dream wrote:There's no way to transfer the info from the Dreamstation to my laptop via Bluetooth, right?
Not that I am aware of but you might be able to do it with one of those special WiFi card.
See what is said at the bottom of the page here.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment
Transfer data from cpap machine....

Neat - hadn't seen that FlashAir card before. Basically an SD with a little wifi access point in it. Not a bad option if you just don't like pulling the card in/out all the time.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 am

linuxman wrote: Neat - hadn't seen that FlashAir card before. Basically an SD with a little wifi access point in it. Not a bad option if you just don't like pulling the card in/out all the time.

Yep, pretty neat but you have to make sure to get the right WiFi SD card because not all of them will work.
We have quite a few PR S1 and ResMed users here who are doing it. For me setting up the WiFi card involves considerable work and it's work I simply don't care to do, nor do I really mind removing the SD card, so I personally have never tried it.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am

Pugsy wrote:
linuxman wrote: Neat - hadn't seen that FlashAir card before. Basically an SD with a little wifi access point in it. Not a bad option if you just don't like pulling the card in/out all the time.

Yep, pretty neat but you have to make sure to get the right WiFi SD card because not all of them will work.
We have quite a few PR S1 and ResMed users here who are doing it. For me setting up the WiFi card involves considerable work and it's work I simply don't care to do, nor do I really mind removing the SD card, so I personally have never tried it.
Yeah, I'm of the same mind. I wouldn't have a problem setting it up, but it's just really no a big deal to pull the SD card on occasion and import data. Once could even consider that exercise .

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 am

I use one, have for years. I normally check when I shut up on the edge of the bed before getting started for the day. Sometimes in the middle of the night if I get then as well.

Did it from my phone and never have to touch the CPAP or computer to do it.

Use realVNC to connect to my workstation in the other room, use SleepMaster, to pull the data and then view in spread all in a minute or so.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin