Eye protection with full face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pushing 60

Eye protection with full face mask

Post by Pushing 60 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Has anyone found protection for the eyes to protect them from leaks from full face mask?

LSAT

Re: Eye protection with full face mask

Post by LSAT » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:04 pm

If you are wearing it properly and it is the correct size, there should be no leaking into the eyes.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Google Onyx sleep masks... unfortunately things do not always go the way they're supposed to.

Pushing 60

Post by Pushing 60 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks. I bought 2

nadprok

Post by nadprok » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 pm

I have used 4 different masks and I have a leak problem with all of them no matter how tight or loose I make them. However I have found a solution that works for me . I have settled with the Philips Respironics amara view minimal contact mask and I also have leaks into the eyes with it but with the amara view I wear swim goggles. This is possible because the mask does not go up over the whole nose. I was initially concerned about wearing the swim goggles because I thought wearing them might harm the eyes if I wore them all night long. However I checked with my eye surgeon and he assured me using the swim goggles would not harm the eyes. That is my solution and it works for me.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:09 pm

mask liners can really help tame those leaks.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Currently, bro uses a Walgreens sleep mask that he puts on after he puts the mask on (Fisher&Paykel). Eliminates the blowing in the eye. New DME is sending him some mask liners to try out.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:48 am

Best thing I have found is the Tranquileyes sleep mask - it stops any air getting into my eyes. The foam is very soft and comfortable.

https://www.dryeyeshop.com/tranquileyes-p129.aspx

robysue

Post by robysue » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 am

LSAT wrote:If you are wearing it properly and it is the correct size, there should be no leaking into the eyes.
A lot of times what people think are mask leaks irritating the eyes are actually exhaust venting hitting the covers and bouncing back into the eyes. And that can happen with any mask.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Plus one for the Onyix eye shields mentioned above. However, a big caveat, try to find the old style with the narrow nose bridge. The newer model has a very wide and less flexible bridge and does not work as well with most CPAP masks - IMO. Plus the old style is twenty bucks cheaper! Try here:

http://www.eyeeco.com/product/iproduct_ ... o_inc.html

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

cands

Post by cands » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 am

robysue wrote:
LSAT wrote:If you are wearing it properly and it is the correct size, there should be no leaking into the eyes.
A lot of times what people think are mask leaks irritating the eyes are actually exhaust venting hitting the covers and bouncing back into the eyes. And that can happen with any mask.
Yep, I'm glad you said this. My problem is the vent air hitting the bed-head and bouncing back into my face. I often think I have a leak and there is none.