Can't find a full face mask to fit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kaki1

Can't find a full face mask to fit

Post by kaki1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:26 pm

I have tried mask after mask and none are working. The mask seals, that seem perfect when I originally set them up, begin to leak during the night. I either have air blowing into my eyes or my cheeks fill with air and the mask begins to "fart". I am throughly disappointed because I thought a CPAP would solve my apnea issue. I am slender with high cheekbones. Don't know if that is the reason. I have a dental device but have not had a sleep test yet to see if it works. Any suggestions on full face masks and their fit? Anyone using a dental device in lieu of CPAP? Help!! I should add that I have been diagnosed with Ideopathic Hypersomnia.

edfreeman

Re: Can't find a full face mask to fit

Post by edfreeman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Look up the Amara View. It seals up under/around the bottom of the nose and around the mouth. Hang in there, there's a mask for you, just have to find it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

kaki1 wrote:I have tried mask after mask and none are working. The mask seals, that seem perfect when I originally set them up, begin to leak during the night. I either have air blowing into my eyes or my cheeks fill with air and the mask begins to "fart". I am throughly disappointed because I thought a CPAP would solve my apnea issue.
search for 'mask liners'. look at padacheek.com, best ones on the market.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Most full face masks have silicone cushions, which use enclosed air to mold the mask to the wearer's face.
I found a gel mask has a deeper cushion, which allows for greater variation in face shape.
Comfortgel (Blue) full face was the only full face mask that fit me well enough to use.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:00 pm

kaki1 wrote:I have tried mask after mask and none are working. The mask seals, that seem perfect when I originally set them up, begin to leak during the night. I either have air blowing into my eyes or my cheeks fill with air and the mask begins to "fart". I am throughly disappointed because I thought a CPAP would solve my apnea issue. I am slender with high cheekbones. Don't know if that is the reason. I have a dental device but have not had a sleep test yet to see if it works. Any suggestions on full face masks and their fit? Anyone using a dental device in lieu of CPAP? Help!! I should add that I have been diagnosed with Ideopathic Hypersomnia.
Could also be your bed pillow. Some of them don't work worth a darn. The user's head sinks too deeply into them and they push the mask out of alignment.

In what position do you sleep?
Do you monitor your therapy with software?
Please fill out your profile with the exact equipment and settings you use.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:34 pm

I am looking now into this mask:

Resmed Mirage Liberty.

Saying "Ideopathic Hypersomnia" means that the person who said it lacks the knowledge how to diagnose it.

Is your oral device removable?

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Oh Avi!

To Kakl1 - just ignore that post(er) as he does have cognitive problems and is unlikely to help you... his random stuff is just that and not directed properly at your trouble.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:33 pm

best to put avi123 on your foe list.

just click on his name on the left, then 'add foe'.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

kaki1

Post by kaki1 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:21 am

Den, how do I input my info into my profile? To all of you that responded, thank you! I have been frustrated and about to give up, though I know I need to use my CPAP. I have tried the Amara View which didn't work. The Quattro FX left me with a headache and dry eyes. The Simplus wouldn't seal. I'm back to the AirFit 10 which also doesn't seal. Those are just the most recent. Will look at gel masks and research pandacheek.com. My dental appliance is a Herbst Telescopic. Am playing with combining it with my mask to see if it helps.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:49 am

Click on User Ctl Panel (tiny writing!) under the logo at the top lt, then hit Profile and choose which tab you want (or lt sided panel). Please use text vs icons so we can see quickly what's what.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:50 am

kaki1 wrote:how do I input my info into my profile?
wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Diamondminek

Post by Diamondminek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:53 pm

If its fine at first, what pressure do you start at, and what pressure do you spend the night at? If you are fitting the mask at a pressure of say 4, thats a different fit as to what is needed if your pressure spends most if the time at 14. Might be worth considering too.

kaki1

Post by kaki1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:19 am

Very good point. I start at 3 and go to 13 (30 minute ramp up). Another question: How do I know what software I am using? The sleep doc gets the read outs and shows them to me. I will own the machine in two months.