They Tell Me I Need This Machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ckeith

Re: They Tell Me I Need This Machine

Post by ckeith » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Julie wrote: Guys, enough already... this is a CPAP forum, not a BS forum.
If you can't stick to the subject find a forum that suits you better.

Agreed ! - now that another member of the Abusive Clique has retreated
................. under the shell of his Button that may now be easier to do

I am thinking that it is fortunate that I was seriously sick when I first came here
.........................and did NOT start off with my formatting with my first Post

If I had swam into the same sort of Abuse at the start, that I later experienced I most likely
would have given up on CPAP altogether and things most probably would have turned out
.......................................................................................very different for me

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:09 pm

ckeith wrote:

Agreed ! - now that another member of the Abusive Clique has retreated

I am thinking that it is fortunate that I was seriously sick when I first came here
.........................and did NOT start off with my formatting with my first Post

If I had swam into the same sort of Abuse at the start, that I later experienced I most likely
would have given up on CPAP altogether and things most probably would have turned out
.......................................................................................very different for me

ckeith.. I'm guessing that Julie was referring to YOU You have done nothing but complain

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:45 am

+1

Cudos

Post by Cudos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 am

I haven't been around in quite some time. I've ended my CPAP use. I won't get in to it but I am doing fine. I think I may have been a victim of a sales pitch from local sleep center.

I do however pop in here once and a while and I must say It's nice to see ckeith is back and having success with his CPAP , I also see the usual suspects still harassing and complaining about his format of choice when posting. I've read all his posts and have absolutely no trouble reading them. Why all the whining???

If you don't like it don't read it. The one thing all forums on the internet share is the same old boring plain format. A little flare and color from someone who can obviously hold his own when under attack is actually a breath of fresh air.

There are no laws, rules or regs prohibiting his style. I think his style is entertaining to say the least and he obviously knows his way around dealing with the insults which he has probably put up with for most of his life so trying to out smart him probably won't work

On a different note I may have a brand new Autoset 10 for sale. Brand new Airfit10 (M) and climate hose as well. I actually have 2 sets. One I was using and the other has never been unpacked and plugged in.

Yes I know you're wondering why I have 2. The sleep center I mentioned above tried to sell me 1 unit for $2500.00, which I thought was outrageous so I checked around and found an online dist. They were willing to sell me 2 units for $2,000 ( my insurance limit) of course this made much more sense to me.

So one unit has maybe 150 max?? have to check and the other is new. I would like to keep one (just in case) . I have not been looking to see what these go for price wise so if anyone is interested PM me with an "reasonable" offer. Low ball offers won't be considered. I don't want to hang on to both for too long and have them become antiques and just sit there collecting dust. I'm in Alberta.

Cheers all

ckeith

Post by ckeith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:45 pm

ckeith wrote: Agreed ! - now that another member of the Abusive Clique has retreated

Gasper62 wrote:
Julie wrote:Guys, enough already... this is a CPAP forum, not a BS forum.
Who died and left you the moderator ? Get over yourself,
you make a large number of off-topic/off-color comments yourself. Often. Hypocrite much ?
LSAT wrote: ckeith.. I'm guessing that Julie was referring to YOU You have done nothing but complain
That's my Guess too !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Cat Julie has made a reasonable request - I agreed with her - & then the Casper immediately
attacks her from his hide out underneath his Button and calls her a Hypocrite - She gives him a +plus+
Julie wrote:+1
..... So I guess she must be - A Hypocrite - she even seems to agree with him - So who am I to disagree with such a reasonable conclusion ?

However LSAT, your blank contention that I have done nothing here but 'Complain' is dead WRONG!
.................................................. -
Review my Posts or be branded Liar

I have repetitively
tried to Thank the people that Helped Me since I first came here - angry, sick and & desperate. Julie
............................................................................................was even one of those people !

But I have repeatedly
been forced to protect myself from a flood Vicious, Irrational and very Personal Attacks against me because
..............................................,,,,.......... I choose to express myself with a harmless bit of formatting.
..............................................,,,,..........And you cliquish freaks insinuate that it is my problem ?

Now if you want to mix WORDS with me, you can expect to get kicked down some metaphorical stairs.
I will make your ride as rough as possible, and make sure your Crutches hit you in your face on the way down

Like I have said repeatedly !
If you don't like me or my formatting - If it so desperately offends you - Press your Damed FOE Button
........................... & then STFU and leave me the Hell alone to be Myself - I can exist without you

But if I see you Jump some angry confused Newbie, as I have seen & experienced you guys doing in the past,
............................................................................................................ I will be all over you !

You JERKS could have killed me with your Idiocies - & so I take it very PERSONAL
.............................................. People come here for Help not Insult

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:21 pm

If you would spend as much time using Spellcheck as you do 'formatting' you might have an argument, weak as it would be.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 pm

ckeith ~~~

There are people who have been reading and posting here at CPAPTALK for a long time and people who have been reading and posting a shorter time.

There are people here who are seeking answers and help (like *me*) and there are people here who are offering help to those who seek.
(Help to both new people and long time folks as well.)

In the shorter time that *I* have been here I've been amazed at how much help is given to those who are
genuinely seeking help.

~~~genuinely seeking help with cpap / OSA
(not with 'right to format' -type issues)

The real issue is with folks who have been here a shorter time who give advice while not really knowing much themselves.
About cpap that is ... about apnea.

I am very happy cpap is helping you and that you feel better but it seems pretty obvious you've only scratched the surface of your cpap treatment. What is GOOD about you is that you are not offering opinions and advice to others about their treatment.

It is WONDERFUL that cpaptalk is not one of those places where they just moderate and delete your posts.

I really think it would be great if you could turn your attention toward learning more about cpap?
Watching someone like you become educated and process this information through your EYES ...

~~~would be entertaining and maybe even valuable to folks who read here.

Does that make sense to you?
Or am I too boring for not caring enough about your *style*?

Your *style* is cool with me.
...but who cares?

I want to hear about you mask leaks and how many times you pee during the night!
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Grace ...You are a nice lady, but, your posts are starting to look and sound like the guy that talks a lot and says little. I think they may be turning some people off.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:02 pm

No doubt, LSAT.

...but as the damage was already done, I felt compelled to try to reach out to ckeith
in HIS language one more time.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

His 'language' is liable to become something else entirely next week, and then next month, and then... he's getting off on his nonsense and taking you with him... do you want to go there?

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi Julie~~~

I've given it my best shot in hopes that ckeith begins to think about his therapy.

I stumbled in and it looks like there is no way to make a graceful exit.
Sometimes "the bigger they are the harder they fall"?
(I've always been a judo style closer)

It would warm my heart to see ckeith become a pussycat.

...but you know what they say in "Life Guard School" ...
"you can get torn apart trying to rescue an alley cat from a pool with your bare hands"

ckeith, though *I* take complete responsibility,
trying to reach out to you has made me invisible to palerider and who knows who else ...
(...and I love palerider ...lol...)

Ya gotta try and come through for me and if you post again post something ABOUT CPAP?

ckeith

Post by ckeith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Julie wrote: If you would spend as much time using Spellcheck as you do 'formatting' you might have an argument,
................................................................................................... weak as it would be.
& so I have another JERK obsessed with my spelling and she calls my argument weak
Look in the mirror kitty cat and say Meow as you run the Spellcheck on my Post
Let us ALL know how you make out - Embarrass me - don't worry - I can take it

WHY DOES MY FORMATING SO BOTHER YOU ? - DO YOU FIND IT THREATING ? - WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM ?
Are you so weak in Person & Self Esteem that you must attack anything that does not match to your measure ?

Like I will say yet again Ignore me - & STFU ! - I give you permission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grace~~~ wrote: There are people here who are seeking answers and help (like *me*) and there are people here who are offering help to those who seek.

Well - I'll tell you Grace~~~ - I did get the HELP I needed here - But I also got one Hell of a lot of Vitriol and PERSONAL attack !

Grace~~~ wrote: ~~~genuinely seeking help with cpap / OSA
(not with 'right to format' -type issues)
& the right to be myself and express myself the way I do ? - THAT Gives me the right to format if I so wish
It's called FREEDOM Grace~~~~~ - And I will NOT surrender that to some JERKS who for whatever s m a l l
...............................................................................................reason cannot tolerate who I am
Grace~~~ wrote: The real issue is with folks who have been here a shorter time who give advice while not really knowing much themselves.
About cpap that is ... about apnea.
And what advice have I attempted to give ? - If any it has been miniscule & immediate to my experience
I have rather ATTEMPTED to give MY THANX to those people who gave me the Help I needed & received
Despite having to Swim Through & defend myself against concerted STUPID Attack against my PERSON
......................................................................................................... because I format
Grace~~~ wrote: I really think it would be great if you could turn your attention toward learning more about cpap?
Watching someone like you become educated and process this information through your EYES ...
Well that would be nice ! - Perhaps you can suggest how I might be able to achieve that, while enduring
unrelenting, pointed PERSONAL attack ? - Knowing that given other timing & circumstance it might have killed me
Grace~~~ wrote: Your *style* is cool with me.
...but who cares?
Who Cares ?
Well obviously a good number of people here on CPAPTALK, very much do Care - & ME I Care
Grace~~~ wrote: I really think it would be great if you could turn your attention toward learning more about cpap?
That would be nice - In FACT that would be Excellent

Last edited by ckeith on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't think it would have killed you ckeith.

I think we humans are stronger than we know.

I was misunderstood in my post to you.
I NEVER thought you had attempted to give anyone advice about CPAP.

...and that is a GOOD trait and quality in you.

Maybe just read awhile?
L K for the good?
I think you've made your point about formatting.

I doubt anyone's mind has been changed. LOL

...but you GOTTA LOVE that there is the freedom here to not have your posts removed and moderated.

I think that may be kinda rare?

Good Night.

ckeith

Post by ckeith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Grace~~~ wrote: Ya gotta try and come through for me and if you post again post something ABOUT CPAP?
Its getting late but I will repost a recent Thank You 4 U
That thankfully has nothing to do with any of the Crap or JERKS that I endured on this Thread

From Thread
Re: Newbie would like to hear success stories, please.

Post by ckeith on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:17 pm

ckeith wrote:Success !

Intractable Insomnia - Now under control & getting better
I awaken around 5am and can get back to sleep around 7am
I can now get 8-9 hrs of broken sleep - Way better the 1 or 2hrs I use to get

No more Hallucinations
No more Atrial Fibrillation
No more Acid Reflux attacks

Incidents down from 41 to 1.5
Oxygen Saturation up from 78% to near normal
Blood Pressure average down from 185 to 130

Thank You CPAPtalk !