Dream Wear Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
not so sure

Dream Wear Mask

Post by not so sure » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Is anyone using the Phillips Respironics ( Dream Wear Nasal Mask ) ? I have been using the Aloha Nasal Pillow for 3 years now its been a good mask, my only issue is i had modify the straps because i could never get a good fit , its seems my head might be a little small. One thing i liked about the Aloha it is extremely quiet.

Thanks Jim

SnoozR

Re: Dream Wear Mask

Post by SnoozR » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:33 pm

I only just started my first APAP use about three weeks ago. I opted for the DreamWear mask.

While I have nothing to compare it to, it seems to work well. That is, as long as I don't sleep on my side (a minor injury many years ago prevents comfortable back sleeping, so this is a problem at least for me). The mask loses its seal when pressed against the pillow; once that happens it's no different from not having the APAP at all.

Tonight I plan to try moving my head to the edge of the pillow, so that the mask doesn't come into contact with it. Of course I'll likely move about during the night, so I'm not sure how well this will work out. I'll have more to report tomorrow.

If you're a back-sleeper it'll work great for you. It did for me during the first week, before the sore back caught up with me.

--SnoozR

not so sure

Post by not so sure » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:58 pm

I like sleeping on my back but I have way too many apneas , so I mainly sleep on my side i also have issues with pillow disturbing mask
Jim

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:50 pm

I use the Dreamware mask and sleep successfully on my side. Yes, if the mask presses into the pillow it gets pushed aside and starts leaking. To prevent that, I use the Contour CPAP Pillow, sold by our host.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:41 am

Been happily using the Dreamwear mask for over 6 months now. Yes, it occasionally leaks but not too much and now that I've got both a buckwheat and also a feather pillow the leak rate has dropped.

I couldn't see my self using another mask. The freedom of having the hose at the top of my head is the biggest bonus. I quickly got used to it and as it doesn't seem to be as intrusive as other masks I don't even realise I've got it on.

Steven12

Post by Steven12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:48 am

I am new to CPAP therapy and use the Dreamware nasal mask. I tried on all the different types of masks and that was the only one that didn't make me feel claustrophobic. That being said I am a side sleeper and when I roll over on my side the mask pulls away from my nose and leaks. I am considering the special pillow as well to see if it will help, otherwise I may need to get a different mask.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:02 am

Steven12 wrote:That being said I am a side sleeper and when I roll over on my side the mask pulls away from my nose and leaks.
I roll around quite a bit starting out on my Rt side and ending up on my left. I have a regular pillow (Wal-Mart). The Dreamwear stays in place for me, but I did have to snug it up a little at the back strap. Not tight, but snug.

droder

Post by droder » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:41 am

I'm 5 months in and have tried 6 different masks. I thought I had settled on the popular AirFit P10 but I couldn't help but think it could get better. I had had a few nights where I felt claustrophobic (I have to tape, too... so plugging my nostrils on top of that made me anxious some nights.). I received my Dream Wear mask on July 14th and have never looked back! I LOVE IT!! I am a side sleeper and do sometimes have to adjust it a bit when I change from one side to the other, but it almost never wakes me up. I can honestly say that there are mornings when I wake up and totally forget that I have a mask on.

I recommend that you purchase one with the free return insurance. That way you've got nothing to lose!
CuddleCalm weighted blanket for RLS.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:51 am

The DreamWear will work well for side sleepers and even for those who toss and turn and go from either side to their back. I am one of those people...I can't stay in any one position all night long because it causes back pain. Took me a few nights to get the tension just right so that it wouldn't move when turning from one side to the other side. The DreamWear allows for some extra snugness to help with stability without being uncomfortable.

I do use a buckwheat hull pillow (have for years and years) and it allows me to make a little "nest" in the hulls so not so much pressure is put on the mask from the bed pillow when I am on my side. So less chance of the bed pillow pushing on the mask so much that it moves it out of place.

So the DreamWear most certainly will work well for side sleepers and it is not limited to back sleepers.
Just takes a little more fiddling with the fit and maybe using a different bed pillow.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SnoozR

Post by SnoozR » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:53 am

not so sure wrote:Is anyone using the Phillips Respironics ( Dream Wear Nasal Mask ) ?
I delayed my follow-up response as I'm still having trouble with side-sleeping and leaks. However I'm encouraged by others' comments, especially those concerning pillow selection.

Did you decide for the DreamWear?

--SnoozR

Bobbf

Re: Dream Wear Mask - slipping or missing strap

Post by Bobbf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:32 am

Hi. A shoelace and some bobbi pins - that's what I used when I was traveling out of town and had forgotten to take the head strap for my Phillips dreamwear. So this is an easy fix AND for anyone who just can't get the regular strap to stay on the back of your head instead of riding up, the shoelace actually works better than the strap. I was already putting my hair in a ponytail at night, pulling it through the two parts of the strap to keep the strap in place. Just feed the shoelace through the holes, put the mask on (for me with the shoelace above the ponytail), tighten and tie the ends in a double bow, in my case with the bow below the pony tail. Then put in four bobbi pins, the upper two on the top strap to keep it down, the lower two on the bottom strap to keep it up.
When I got home I went back to the strap, but now I put the upper two bobbi pins in just to help keep it in one place.

SnoozR

Re: Dream Wear Mask - slipping or missing strap

Post by SnoozR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:40 am

Bobbf wrote:A shoelace and some bobbi pins
That's a good idea.

Clever girl

--SnoozR