CPAP.Com selling PRS! 60 Series Auto at $314

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeprider

CPAP.Com selling PRS! 60 Series Auto at $314

Post by Sleeprider » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 am

In case anyone is in the market for a new auto CPAP, our host CPAP.com is selling the Philips Respironics 60 Series Auto for only $314. Even better, you can configure it with the humidifier and heated hose for only $344 out the door. Maybe time to retire the old junker? This is a great deal and won't last long. Get your prescriptions out and git one.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-sys ... tooth.html

egzbuen

Re: CPAP.Com selling PRS! 60 Series Auto at $314

Post by egzbuen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:54 am

This one's a steal! I got mine a month ago for 418 more or less with the humidifier but no heated hose.

Great share for those looking for a bang for the buck apap.

If only I was looking for an extra machine(I already have an extra), I would get this one Pronto. This is my current nightly machine.

Sent from heaven

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 am

Holy crap. That is one smoking hot deal especially the 344 and it includes the humidifier and the heated hose.
Heck, the upgrade kit for the heated hose is $75 just by itself.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 am

Especially for our new members that may have high deductible insurance, this can be a huge help. There is nothing sacred about using the DME you were referred to. As long as you have a prescription, or can refer CPAP.com to your doctor, this saves a lot of money, and no compliance monitoring. I have seen used machines sell for much more than this.

SleepyStar

Post by SleepyStar » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 am

Arrrrrrrgh I am waiting for my repeat study, I would buy that for a backup in a heartbeat if I had a current script!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks for telling us that, Sleeprider And it's not even pink <inside joke>

That got me thinking of that guy 2 weeks ago who was selling an used auto-CPAP for $275 ... it had well over a year's worth of hours on it.

The good news is that prices on the previous models are coming down, as is always the case when new models appear. Time for the bargain hunters to start sniffing the air.

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 am

SleepyStar wrote:Arrrrrrrgh I am waiting for my repeat study, I would buy that for a backup in a heartbeat if I had a current script!
which makes me think of a question i've been meaning to ask...how long is a script good for? mine is more than a year old. i suspect that one year is the "expiration date".
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:35 am

zonker wrote:which makes me think of a question i've been meaning to ask...how long is a script good for? mine is more than a year old. i suspect that one year is the "expiration date".
Mine has no expiration date...it's good for life.
It's not like some medication prescriptions that have a built automatic expiration even if not explicitly stated.
If no expiration date is noted the cpap RX is implied to be good for life...at least for purchases from places like cpap.com.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 am

SleepyStar wrote:Arrrrrrrgh I am waiting for my repeat study, I would buy that for a backup in a heartbeat if I had a current script!
Call your doctor's office and tell them that you have an opportunity to get a very low cost top-of-the-line machine, but you need some kind of prescription for it. Really impress upon them that cost is a huge factor for you.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

NormagiJoy

Post by NormagiJoy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm

WOW!!! the timing of this is surreal, this is one of the machines we are looking at on another retailer's website. They want $828 for this (with humidifier, reg hose), the same price as the DreamStation...is the 560 an older model??? DreamStation is a newer model??? I am new here (been lurking for days), hubby just diagnosed with moderate OSA. Which machine would be a best??? We like the Mask OFF alert, and RERA. feature on the PR560, otherwise we were thinking the DreamStation. He needs to meet compliance to keep his job. So reports are extremely important to us.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:58 pm

NormagiJoy wrote:WOW!!! the timing of this is surreal, this is one of the machines we are looking at on another retailer's website. They want $828 for this (with humidifier, reg hose), the same price as the DreamStation...is the 560 an older model??? DreamStation is a newer model??? I am new here (been lurking for days), hubby just diagnosed with moderate OSA. Which machine would be a best??? We like the Mask OFF alert, and RERA. feature on the PR560, otherwise we were thinking the DreamStation. He needs to meet compliance to keep his job. So reports are extremely important to us.
The 560 is the PR System One model that was discontinued when the DreamStation models were released. So yes, it's an older model but only 1 model older and the data it collects is the same as the DreamStation and it has the mask off alert (which BTW is a pitiful little beeping on either model that I easily slept through because it isn't loud) along with all the other features that the DreamStation has like auto on and auto off.
The biggest difference from what I could tell after reading the manual for the DreamStation would be the heated hose/humidity choices. Looks like there might be 5 settings for humidity with the heated hose attached and there's just 3 with the 560 but to be honest 3 is probably more than enough choices.
The 560 data reports will be identical to the DreamStation reports...same data including RERAs and Flow limitations (in auto mode only).

It's a significant price difference and if you are paying totally out of pocket for the machine then there's no huge advantage with the DreamStation to justify the expense difference. In terms of how the machines go about their jobs and deliver therapy...that didn't change at all. So in terms of how they do their jobs...they are equal.

Now some people just want to have the latest and greatest of anything...but the 560 at this price point is pretty much a no brainer if someone is paying for it out of their own pocket for some reason or other.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Sleeprider wrote:In case anyone is in the market for a new auto CPAP, our host CPAP.com is selling the Philips Respironics 60 Series Auto for only $314. Even better, you can configure it with the humidifier and heated hose for only $344 out the door. Maybe time to retire the old junker? This is a great deal and won't last long. Get your prescriptions out and git one.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-sys ... tooth.html
thanks for the heads up. just put in my order....
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Pugsy wrote:
zonker wrote:which makes me think of a question i've been meaning to ask...how long is a script good for? mine is more than a year old. i suspect that one year is the "expiration date".
Mine has no expiration date...it's good for life.
It's not like some medication prescriptions that have a built automatic expiration even if not explicitly stated.
If no expiration date is noted the cpap RX is implied to be good for life...at least for purchases from places like cpap.com.
thanks, that's good to know!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm a big fan of all the series x60 Phillips Respironics System One machines (the previous generation). They are solid value for the money, especially now that they are on deep discount status. A note of caution tho: Avoid the short-lived PR System One, series x50 models, they were plagued with some nasty electrical problems. That being said, if you are handy with a torx wrench and a soldering iron, they can easily be fixed. Ask for help here at CPAPtalk if you are going that route, there are lots of pictorial instructions all over the internet. Easy peasy and a killer deal if you twist some arms and do some soldering.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

amenite

Post by amenite » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:53 pm

This is a great deal, I don't see how they would ever be lower priced than this for new in box. Works out of the box with my backup power accessories which is nice bonus. Considering I bought this blower unit only with no humidifier for something like $500 about 18 months ago I'll definitely have one at this price. Thanks for the heads up!