angry child

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
flint

angry child

Post by flint » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:19 am

My 6yr Grandson is having anger issues. We are working on that. But he peed into my water chamber of my bi-pap. Am I to worry

LSAT

Re: angry child

Post by LSAT » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:31 am

flint wrote:My 6yr Grandson is having anger issues. We are working on that. But he peed into my water chamber of my bi-pap. Am I to worry

Only if you don't clean it and change the water.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 am

For cases like this, do you guys recommend wiping it down as well with alcohol or something like that (before and/or after washing)? Or the usual water and soap would be fine?

Sent from hell

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:56 am

Add a little vinegar.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 am

I see so many kids these days with "anger issues" it's astounding.

Most kids I see like this are considered "picky eaters" (may have sensory issues) and live on a diet of health washed sugary foods (breakfast cereals, juices, flavored yogurt, chicken fingers, pizza, fast food kids meals, packaged "healthy snacks" like fruit gummies, etc). Does that describe your grandson's diet?

If so, all the behavioral therapies in the world and pharmaceuticals aren't going to stop him from peeing in your water tank again.

But real food might.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:32 am

Kinda makes you wonder where else he's pee'd (or worse).

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

flint wrote:My 6yr Grandson is having anger issues. We are working on that. But he peed into my water chamber of my bi-pap. Am I to worry
What CPAP machine do you have? In my experience, the Respironics System One, M series, and the older legacy water tanks will survive being disassembled, cleaned, and then dropped into a pot of boiling water. Turn the heat off first and leave the tank parts in the water till it cools. It's possible that they have changed the material used in the tanks at some time, so just because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for you.

I haven't boiled any of the DreamStation model water tanks.

Some other manufacturers' water tanks will be damaged by boiling water.

In a tight, you can remove the humidifier on most machines and use it without the humidifier until you can get a new tank. In theory, you need a new tank every 6 months or so, and most insurance will pay for it. Or buy one online from cpap.com, our sponsor, one of the other online CPAP sellers, or eBay.

It's good to have spare parts of the water tank, hose, etc., anyway, in case of failure.

It probably would be OK with a thorough cleaning. Especially with a thorough cleaning followed by a cycle or two disassembled and run through the dishwasher with really hot water. But, YUCK!!!

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am

yes, you are, your 6yo grandchild is clearly out of control and needs *VERY* firm discipline.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:54 am

egzbuen wrote:For cases like this, do you guys recommend wiping it down as well with alcohol or something like that (before and/or after washing)? Or the usual water and soap would be fine?

Sent from hell
there's nothing very objectionable (biologically) about clean urine. as long as you wash it well and get it all out, and don't let the urea crystalize, (which could lead to truck stop bathroom smell, though there are enzyme cleaners that can take care of that).

alcohol not necessary.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:54 am

I'm thinking.........
Drive-by spammer. Trying to see how many people would actually consider this to be a real issue and respond to it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
I'm thinking.........
Drive-by spammer. Trying to see how many people would actually consider this to be a real issue and respond to it.

Den

+1
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
I'm thinking.........

Den

Yes and no. Kids are smart. They know how to push buttons. If that humidifier was standing in the bathroom, rinsed and ready, yes, I could see some obnoxious rug rats I have known doing just that.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:31 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
I'm thinking.........

Den

Yes and no. Kids are smart. They know how to push buttons. If that humidifier was standing in the bathroom, rinsed and ready, yes, I could see some obnoxious rug rats I have known doing just that.
That's a pretty small opening in the tanks to aim into.
The other part of the equation is that urine has a certain amount of ammonia in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine

Cleaning
"Because urea in urine breaks down into ammonia, urine has been used for the cleaning properties of the ammonia therein. In pre-industrial times urine was used – in the form of lant or aged urine – as a cleaning fluid.[25] Urine was also used for whitening teeth in Ancient Rome."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonia

If you can wash it out of diapers, you can clean it out of a humidifier tank.......and the tank will probably be CLEANER for the end result.

I still suspect either a stupid person or drive-by spammer trying to see how much response they can get to a stupid, meaningless post.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:59 pm

I know - most men have problems with a toilet. But boys will do weird things - like having pissing contests to see who can hit a spot on the wall - and then they manage quite amazingly well even if they can't hit a toilet at home.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:17 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
I know - most men have problems with a toilet. But boys will do weird things - like having pissing contests to see who can hit a spot on the wall - and then they manage quite amazingly well even if they can't hit a toilet at home.
And, some idiots try to narrow that opening by leaving the rim down.......
Please be careful in your generalizations.

Den

User since 05/14/05