AirFit P10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
john5757

AirFit P10

Post by john5757 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 pm

My old P10 mesh vent seem to be plugged up since I was breathing a lot of most air which means to me that I am rebreathing my exhale air. I could not tell if the mesh is plugged or not. I then opened my new P10 and I am breathing much better. In my opinion the mesh is more likely to plugged up without you knowing. I clean up the old P10 but could not tell if the mesh was plugged up in the first place. I will now know what to look for but I should not worry about the condition of the mesh vent when there is no visible signs.

palerider

Re: AirFit P10

Post by palerider » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 pm

john5757 wrote:My old P10 mesh vent seem to be plugged up since I was breathing a lot of most air which means to me that I am rebreathing my exhale air. I could not tell if the mesh is plugged or not. I then opened my new P10 and I am breathing much better. In my opinion the mesh is more likely to plugged up without you knowing. I clean up the old P10 but could not tell if the mesh was plugged up in the first place. I will now know what to look for but I should not worry about the condition of the mesh vent when there is no visible signs.
resmed says to gently scrub it with warm water and soap.

I use an old toothbrush.

if you put your hand right in front of the mesh, you can feel the air.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:03 pm

How old? I generally replace pillows every couple of months or so and I've never had a problem with one plugging up....

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:24 pm

RandyJ wrote:How old? I generally replace pillows every couple of months or so and I've never had a problem with one plugging up..
I don't think he was talking about the nasal pillows on the P10 but instead he was talking about the mesh vent system on the frame. Those tiny holes on the frame where the vented air escapes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

john5757

Post by john5757 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:38 pm

I am not talking about the pillows which needs to be replace every three months. I am talking about the vents on the head gear itself. The vents are made with many very small holes that cut on an angle making a challenge to visually tell the vents condition. If too many small holes get plugged you will be rebreathing more of you exhale air. Even under magnification the holes are not as easy to see. You have to use a toothbrush to keep the vents holes clear as I understand it. You can not use the head gear for long periods of time without cleaning the vents. If you happen to sneeze in the nose you might put a coating on the vents and in time, plug the vents. On my other masks the vents holes are much larger and far less likely to get plugged up for the long term. I was wondering why I am getting more tired and it was the vents. Personally I like the Aloha Nasal Pillow Mask because the straps are further away from my eyes when side sleeping but insurance will no longer cover it due being a special order item.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:
RandyJ wrote:How old? I generally replace pillows every couple of months or so and I've never had a problem with one plugging up..
I don't think he was talking about the nasal pillows on the P10 but instead he was talking about the mesh vent system on the frame. Those tiny holes on the frame where the vented air escapes.
correct, it'd take something mighty impressive to clog up the pillows

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.