OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

Post by jnk... » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Dear Pugsy,

Thinking of you. I don't know if you ever check here anymore, but in case you do . . .

It is not my place to ask anything of you. So I won't. It is not my place to suggest anything. So I won't. But it is, I think, my place to say that I have long admired your many accomplishments in the realms of empathy and practical suggestion in the words and deeds that have been recorded here publicly at cpaptalk.com. The number one law of volunteer public service is that no good deed goes unpunished, and your good deeds live on despite any punishment you suffered for them.

So although I lack any practical suggestions for you, and my empathy pales in comparison to yours, I would still like to offer a heartfelt thank-you, a virtual handshake, and a virtual hug to you. You brought a lot of joy to my heart whenever I witnessed your skillful acts of kindness. I learned from it. It is my hope that you are able to feel joy in whatever ways you are directing your kindness and goodness at the moment. Because I am sure you are doing just that somewhere somehow.

Some forms of selflessness are sustainable. Others aren't. It is a fine line between giving all we can and giving more than we can. It is easily crossed by someone as caring as you. So I hope you are taking good care of yourself, not just all the people and animals around you. You matter. And that's why it is fine with me if you can't see your way clear right now to publicly participate within this format. I trust your judgment on that. Completely. No guilt in that. None. You more than earned the right to make that decision.

With sincere respect, admiration, gratitude, and affection,

Jeff
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Re: OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Yes, Pugsy is sorely missed, however others are stepping up their efforts.... so life goes on.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Yes, Pugsy is sorely missed, however others are stepping up their efforts.... so life goes on.
I agree.

But people such as -SWS, Rested Gal, and ozij, just to name a few, make a lasting difference, I think, here or not. So I hope you don't mind if I presumed to use this place to give my personal nod to Pugsy, Sir NoddinOff. I felt compelled.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:39 pm

a fine letter it is, too.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:15 pm

I don't want to be insulting to her .... but they are some very big shoes for all of us to try to fill.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

PEF

Post by PEF » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm

I really miss Pugsy too, but others have been very helpful to me as well.

lilly747

Post by lilly747 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:24 pm

jnk...
I could not have said it better....

Thank you pugsy for helping me....before you got ahold of me, I was a mess.....

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Pugsy, you have given us a fine example of selflessness and service.
May we one day be worthy to call you "friend".

Thewino

Post by Thewino » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Pugsy,

I sure hope this note finds you well. Please know that I hold you in the highest regard for the assistance provided and all of your posted information which is invaluable. I am in awe at the amount of time you set aside to help people. I remember when I first found this website and and came to realize how super friendly and knowledgable you are.

When one is a puppy and new to this whole CPAP ordeal, a friendly helping hand is a ray of sunshine.

Please know that I have gratitude for your empathy and helping hand.

Very warmest regards,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Plus 10

I agree with every comment above, but I do not poses the eloquence to say it as well.

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Amen!

jannicatt

Post by jannicatt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:13 am

Pugsy, you have helped me...and my hubby...more than you will ever know. I haven't posted often but when I did I received wonderful help from you and others. I made it a point to read as many of your posts as possible and often saved them. Thank you.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:05 am

After an initial struggle with this therapy, Pugsy's pointers sent me in the right direction.

Thank you Pugsy!

Mudrock63

Post by Mudrock63 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 am

Pugsy got me where I needed to be. Thank you, Pugsy! Others have definitely stepped up. Robysue stands out, among many others. Still the best place to help people find their therapy sweet spot.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 am

jnk... wrote:But people such as -SWS, Rested Gal, and ozij, just to name a few, make a lasting difference, I think, here or not.
I feel so left out!

Then again, maybe not.

Hoping to see you Sunday.
You Kids Have Fun!!