Lost my post!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
plr66

Lost my post!

Post by plr66 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:53 pm

AARGH!!! Not once, but twice, I have completely lost my lengthy reply post when clicking on "Save" after editing a couple of typos. First time, I was not logged in, and when I did log in, the post I'd typed just disappeared. Then when I typed the post again, and edited it, the same thing happened!
I am NOT HAPPY!! Please tell me what exactly is happening!!
Thanks
DeVilbiss IntelliPap Std Plus with Smartflex; Transcend miniCPAP & Everest2 w/humidifier & batt for travel. UltraMirage FFM; PadACheeks; PaPillow. Using straight CPAP at 13.0/passover humidifier. AHI consistently < 1.5. Began CPAP 9/4/08.

Jay Aitchsee

Re: Lost my post!

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Yeah, it happens quit a bit. The composition window is a little touchy. Sometimes using the browser back arrow will recover it. I think the best way to do lengthy posts is to use notepad or similar to compose and then copy and paste into the composition window.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:30 pm

plr66 wrote:AARGH!!! Not once, but twice, I have completely lost my lengthy reply post when clicking on "Save" after editing a couple of typos. First time, I was not logged in, and when I did log in, the post I'd typed just disappeared. Then when I typed the post again, and edited it, the same thing happened!
I am NOT HAPPY!! Please tell me what exactly is happening!!
Thanks
I'm not sure what happened in your case but years ago I got in the habit of just copying any lengthy text using Win 7's Ctrl-C shortcut feature, then I paste it into MS Word or Notepad (not sure what it is for Mac). Maybe somebody else knows what happened... I sure hate to lose a long reply or post cuz a lot of work goes into it, so I understand what you're experiencing For short stuff like this reply I don't copy it... who cares, I can just knock it out again.

Just as an overall side issue: It's generally a bad idea to use your browser's 'back-arrow' to get back to any editing window. That's just asking for trouble and not just on CPAPtalk.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

plr66

Post by plr66 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks so much for your replies, JA & SN. lesson learned. I am still screaming, but will copy & paste from now on!
DeVilbiss IntelliPap Std Plus with Smartflex; Transcend miniCPAP & Everest2 w/humidifier & batt for travel. UltraMirage FFM; PadACheeks; PaPillow. Using straight CPAP at 13.0/passover humidifier. AHI consistently < 1.5. Began CPAP 9/4/08.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

I have let the experience influence the length of my posts.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:21 am

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Just as an overall side issue: It's generally a bad idea to use your browser's 'back-arrow' to get back to any editing window. That's just asking for trouble and not just on CPAPtalk.
Maybe it's the particular browser? I've used it quite a bit as a recovery tool, but then I'm using MS Edge, lately. One place I find this handy is in testing links. Open a link in "preview" which takes the browser to the linked site and then, back arrow back to cpaptalk. But then, as I mentioned above, I almost always make a temporary copy of something I'm going to post - unless it's something like this
Oh, and I never use the "Save" function of the composition window. I'm not quite sure of it's purpose.

plr66

Post by plr66 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 am

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:Just as an overall side issue: It's generally a bad idea to use your browser's 'back-arrow' to get back to any editing window. That's just asking for trouble and not just on CPAPtalk.
Maybe it's the particular browser? I've used it quite a bit as a recovery tool, but then I'm using MS Edge, lately. One place I find this handy is in testing links. Open a link in "preview" which takes the browser to the linked site and then, back arrow back to cpaptalk. But then, as I mentioned above, I almost always make a temporary copy of something I'm going to post - unless it's something like this
Oh, and I never use the "Save" function of the composition window. I'm not quite sure of it's purpose.
Thanks for your thoughts, Jay. I was actually on the Preview page, and not sure how I should have proceeded after correcting a couple of typos.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:36 am

plr66 wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, Jay. I was actually on the Preview page, and not sure how I should have proceeded after correcting a couple of typos.
I just select "preview" again to see that the corrections have been applied and then drop down into the attached composition window to make more, select preview and, if I'm happy with it, select submit.

plr66

Post by plr66 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
plr66 wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, Jay. I was actually on the Preview page, and not sure how I should have proceeded after correcting a couple of typos.
I just select "preview" again to see that the corrections have been applied and then drop down into the attached composition window to make more, select preview and, if I'm happy with it, select submit.
Thanks Jay--I'll try that next time!