s10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
roadkingrick

s10

Post by roadkingrick » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm

anyone upgraded from an s9 bipap to a s10 bipap? whats your take

/

DavidC5065

Re: s10

Post by DavidC5065 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:06 pm

I just went to an aircurve auto from an s9 vpap s. While it's not apples to apples since I went to an auto, I can't really tell any practical difference other than the aircurve uses more water. I do appreciate the auto capability, as I found out my pressure needs were higher than my prescribed pressure. I would buy the aircurve auto over again...hope this post helps.

Dave

roadkingrick

Post by roadkingrick » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

I love my s9 bipap and just qualified for a new machine, I called my doc and they have already ordered the new s10 curve auto bipap, I've got lots of spare stuff for the s9 so I was going to just order a new one. however the ( doc) are saying this is better? So ? I don't know, except each new bipap I've gotten over the years have been better and better. Does the heated hose interchange? is it as quiet as the s9 internally (thru the hose)?

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:17 pm

roadkingrick wrote:I love my s9 bipap and just qualified for a new machine, I called my doc and they have already ordered the new s10 curve auto bipap, I've got lots of spare stuff for the s9 so I was going to just order a new one. however the ( doc) are saying this is better? So ? I don't know, except each new bipap I've gotten over the years have been better and better. Does the heated hose interchange? is it as quiet as the s9 internally (thru the hose)?
AirCurve 10 Vauto.

S10 is a small chevy truck.
bipap is a registered trademark of the competitor.

the S9 and air10 heated hoses are different and not compatible.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DavidC5065

Post by DavidC5065 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I don't use a heated hose so I can't answer that. My wife says the machine is quieter than the s9. I'm hard of hearing but it sounds real quiet. I didn't have an s9 auto so I can't.compare it to that. I don't know what palerider means when he says it's a small block Chevy lol.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:18 pm

DavidC5065 wrote:I don't use a heated hose so I can't answer that. My wife says the machine is quieter than the s9. I'm hard of hearing but it sounds real quiet. I didn't have an s9 auto so I can't.compare it to that. I don't know what palerider means when he says it's a small block Chevy lol.
simple, there's no cpap on the market called a S10.

perhaps because the term "S10" is a chevrolet trademark.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:25 pm

roadkingrick wrote:I love my s9 bipap and just qualified for a new machine, I called my doc and they have already ordered the new s10 curve auto bipap, I've got lots of spare stuff for the s9 so I was going to just order a new one. however the ( doc) are saying this is better? So ? I don't know, except each new bipap I've gotten over the years have been better and better. Does the heated hose interchange? is it as quiet as the s9 internally (thru the hose)?
I'd recommend the A10 on general principles and (presumably) a longer support cycle. Presumably, you'll be using the new machine for a long time, so the cost of new supplies should average out over the years. However the A10 is not a quantum leap improvement an any sense. The S9 is still a good machine.

The A10 heated hose is different from the S9 heated hose. It looks like the hose connector wouldn't fit on the wrong machine, but I haven't actually tried it. Can someone with both machines confirm that the hoses don't mechanically fit the wrong machine?

As for "S10," unfortunately, a lot of people, including doctors and DME's call it the "S10," just like the ResMed S7, S8, and S9 models. ResMed says "AirSense 10, AirCurve 10, or, occasionally Air10." I don't think I've seen ResMed officially say "S10 or A10," but use internet experts usually say "A10."

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Just to muddy the waters a little further.......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A10

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Just to muddy the waters a little further.......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A10
yeah, I think trying to use an a10 as a cpap would be even more harmful than the s10... most you'd get from that would be burns on your lips from the tailpipe... and maybe co poisoning...

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:36 pm

palerider wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:Just to muddy the waters a little further.......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A10
yeah, I think trying to use an a10 as a cpap would be even more harmful than the s10... most you'd get from that would be burns on your lips from the tailpipe... and maybe co poisoning...
They had a problem at one time where the A10 engines would stall because the exhaust from the gun would use up so much oxygen.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

roadkingrick

Post by roadkingrick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:30 pm

hey pale rider, we got the joke a loooong time ago, get some new material.

palerider

Re: "jokes"?

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:54 pm

I'll see if I can't come up with something suitably low brow that you might possibly be able to appreciate

or at least, understand....

Gasper62

Re: "jokes"?

Post by Gasper62 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:11 pm

palerider wrote:I'll see if I can't come up with something suitably low brow that you might possibly be able to appreciate

or at least, understand....

"That's gonna' leave a mark." - Chris Farley