classic mode vs auto mode for humidification

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
springman946

classic mode vs auto mode for humidification

Post by springman946 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

can anyone on here tell me that the difference between the classic mode and the regular mode for my humidifier if I go into my settings and turn off the humidifier will it be in classic mode

Wulfman...

Re: classic mode vs auto mode for humidification

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:16 pm

springman946 wrote:can anyone on here tell me that the difference between the classic mode and the regular mode for my humidifier if I go into my settings and turn off the humidifier will it be in classic mode
From the manual:

• Heated Tube humidification - This setting will only display if you are using the heated tube. You can enable or disable this feature.

• SYSTEM ONE humidification - System One humidity control maintains a consistent mask humidity by monitoring and adjusting for changes in room temperature and room humidity. You can enable or disable this feature. If the System One humidity control has been disabled, the classic style of basic temperature controlled heated humidification will be used. This will only display if the humidifier is attached.

• Humidifier - This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. If the System One humidity control has been disabled, the classic style of basic temperature controlled heated humidification will be used and the display will show: 0, C1, C2, C3, C4 or C5 for these settings. This will only display if the humidifier is attached. Please refer to the humidifier manual if using a humidifier.
Note: When not using Heated Tubing, the control wheel can also be used to change this setting.

• Humidity level - This setting will only display if you are using the heated tube. This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting for the humidifier: 1, 2 or 3. This setting can only be changed from the Setup screen.

• Tube temperature - This setting will only display if you are using the heated tube. This setting allows you to choose the desired temperature for the heated tube: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. If you choose zero (0), this will turn off both the humidifier and the heated tube.
Note: When using Heated Tubing, the control wheel can also be used to change this setting.

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 am

springman946 wrote:can anyone on here tell me that the difference between the classic mode and the regular mode for my humidifier if I go into my settings and turn off the humidifier will it be in classic mode
If you have one of the older PR S1 model x50 machines it's probably not a good idea to run classic mode humidification due to the humidifier Molex connector on the motherboard overheating and burning... classic mode will only exacerbate that problem. Maybe it's okay for the PR S1 x60 systems but I don't know that I'd chance that either. Maybe somebody who's doing it can weigh in.

Read more here:

viewtopic/t110160/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... or#p994050

and this:

viewtopic/t93762/CPAP-Humidifier-proble ... Cflex.html

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Wulfman, good info on humidification, good to see you still helping out folks, haven't been on in awhile, got to get back in.
Ed

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Hurricane wrote:Wulfman, good info on humidification, good to see you still helping out folks, haven't been on in awhile, got to get back in.
Ed
Good to see you again, too, Ed.
Stick around and join in the discussions.

I was aware that you had gotten new equipment awhile back. Is everything working out well for you?

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi Wulfman {Den} I,m fine, just been off the forum for awhile, have some catching up to do, you sound well, guess the cpap is doing us well we are still here looking forward to trout season. stay well my friend.
Ed