I’m sleeping on the side, and I can’t get the F10 to work

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
alexander

I’m sleeping on the side, and I can’t get the F10 to work

Post by alexander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:12 am

Edited out.
Last edited by alexander on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Re: I’m sleeping on the side, and I can’t get the F10 to work

Post by LSAT » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 am

There are no masks designed for side sleepers. Masks are designed for all positions. It is up to the individual to experiment with pillows, positions and masks to find out which combination works for them. We've all done it. No one but yourself can tell what will work for you.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:52 am

Does it have to be a full face mask? Could you or have you considered a nasal cushion mask or nasal pillow mask? Are you trying a full face mask because you just have to mouth breathe because you have chronic nasal issues and have to mouth breathe?
If you normally breathe through you nose only during the day you might do well with a nasal cushion mask and many of those are less likely to have the fixed frames which can make sleeping with pressure on that frame difficult.

Something like the ResMed Swift FX Nano cushion mask maybe...or one of the nasal pillow masks?

While all masks can be worn in any sleeping position...some are more challenging than others. Maybe try one that is less challenging with soft sides and no hard plastic frame.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

alexander

Post by alexander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:28 am

Edited out.
Last edited by alexander on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexander

Post by alexander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:46 am

Edited out.
Last edited by alexander on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:54 am

alexander wrote:Should I just place the pillows in front of my nostrils, and be done with it?
That's all I do...nothing fancy or meticulous at all. I put it on the dark....pull it away from my nose briefly and then sit pillows so I can breathe and that's the extent of things.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

alexander

Post by alexander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:59 am

Edited out.
Last edited by alexander on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:13 pm

alexander wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
alexander wrote:Should I just place the pillows in front of my nostrils, and be done with it?
That's all I do...nothing fancy or meticulous at all. I put it on the dark....pull it away from my nose briefly and then sit pillows so I can breathe and that's the extent of things.
I see. I’ll try that. Thanks! :)
There are fitting videos on youtube for the P10. Just go to youtube.com and search for "AirFit P10", and you'll turn up videos that talk about fitting it. Just in case you're looking for more information *smile*.

Darth Lady

Post by Darth Lady » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:02 pm

If you end up back with the F10, this is where buckwheat hull pillows have the advantage.

I am also a side sleeper. I sneak my finger in under where the protruding mask parts are, and shove the buckwheat away from the mask so it's not pushing on my nose and face, but so that I don't feel like I'm sleeping on a cliff edge. With a little practice, you can make whatever kind of hollow that you need, because the buckwheat doesn't spring back at you.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:13 pm

I was also thinking the bed pillow could be the problem. There are any number of bed pillows which have either been designed for or work better with this therapy.
I was using a Chiroflow (also known as Mediflow) water-based pillow long before I started this therapy and it has worked well with it. I can adjust the pillow for softness/firmness and for spinal alignment by adjusting the amount of water in it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05